Free Member
Mar 21, 2009
New Forest Southampton
Funster No
MH
Swift 6 berth Coach built
Exp
Evening.

Looking to buy a small electric heater to take the chill out the van on a morning when on hook up.
Can anyone reccomend anything?
Was planning on something cheap from Argos or Tesco.

wanderer

Free Member
Apr 14, 2008
huntingdon
Funster No
MH
a class Arto
Exp
since 2008
Hi
We use a small electric oil filled radiator costs about £20.00 does the trick for us in winter
Palaceboy

tony morris

Free Member
Jun 27, 2008
Calcot Reading Berkshire
Funster No
MH
bailey caravan
Exp
30 months mh 40+ years tugger and camping
Hi Mark you can buy a small ceramic heater from argos baq homebase focus all under £20 three heat settings they all come with safety cut out should you knock it over and they wont trip the site mains hookup you can leave on all night very quiet running Tony

OP
OP
markymark

markymark

Free Member
Mar 21, 2009
New Forest Southampton
Funster No
MH
Exp
I know the oils rads are best and safest but this is for my mams little Auto Sleeper she full times in. Storage is a big problem.
Her van has no heating at mo and she is after something just to turn on and take the chill off her clothes and out of the air

May 22, 2008
Funster No
We use a fan heater, an oil filled radiator and a Halogen three bar heater all at different times of course, the Halogen heater is great to have on in the dark,listening to music with a nice drinkies,it gives a very comforatble ambiance to the van.All of these heaters need to be treated with respect and not left unattended and you need to be aware of their potential power consumption .:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We have a halogen heater which we can position so that it poses no danger of heating anything sufficiently to cause a fire but only use it when we are awake. We have an oil filled radiator which we do leave on overnight in the coldest months.

I definitely echo Vindiboy's last sentence:
All of these heaters need to be treated with respect and not left unattended and you need to be aware of their potential power consumption .:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Graham

OP
OP
markymark

markymark

Free Member
Mar 21, 2009
New Forest Southampton
Funster No
MH
Exp
Thankyou all for taking the time to reply.
Will go down the lines of a small ceramic heater i think until her heating is repaired.
:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back