slow sink elddis 180 (1 Viewer)

L

liverpool

Deleted User
have now tried out our new elddis 180 and appear to have a problem with sink draining - it takes ages to drain -has anyone else had this problem ?

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
we had the same problem with the eldis we hade to be level and we had the same with our sundance but we also had a blockage under the sink in the pipes which we had to loosen as well

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

theresa

Free Member
Mar 9, 2008
near falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
15 years
we had the same in our elddis kitchen sink , think we found it was to do with the way the pipe work is fitted by elddis : other half tells me the drain pipe went back along the top of the fridge and caused an air lock :Doh:

Upvote 0

nannyjan

Free Member
Mar 22, 2010
Forest of Dean, Glos
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
New end of March 2010
Elddis slow sink problem

Hi, I think I can help a lot of Elddis Autoquest owners with regard to the slow draining kitchen sinks.

I was initially told it was because the pipe runs along the top of the sink that was causing the problem however all that is needed is that the external part of the pipe hangs down below the waste holding tank that in effect defies the law of gravity. It then has to travel up hill to get into the tank and that is why it takes so long.

All that is needed is for the drainage pipe to be lifted up and tied with a simply plastic tie so that the water runs straight into the tank without travelling up hill.

My internal pipe still runs along the top of the sink but after hitching my external pipe up it works like a dream. As it was intended to do. So everyone with slow drainage simply check your external pipe to see that it falls straight into the tank with no downward dips in the middle. Hope this helps you sort out your problem.

Keep Smiling ::bigsmile:

Nannyjan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
we had the same in our elddis kitchen sink , think we found it was to do with the way the pipe work is fitted by elddis : other half tells me the drain pipe went back along the top of the fridge and caused an air lock :Doh:

same as my kontiki.....pipes left plug hole and routed uphill before dropping to waste tank.

simple re-route so the pipe had a fall from the plughole onwards did the trick

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back