runner2011

Free Member
Sep 28, 2011
Ireland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hi All, Newbie here. Appologies if this has already been asked and answered. I have a 2002 Dethleffs Espirit Globetrotter. The sower drain and wash basin (presume they are connected) are draining very slow with a "Glug Glug" sound. For the life of me I cannot see where the drain from the shower plug goes! Right now I am thinking it goes straight down into the grey water tank? I hope I don't have to remove the shower tray to trace it :Sad:Thanks for all your help!:Smile:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
They normally get blocked up with hair etc. Have used the household drain cleaner in the past and then given the plugholes a good plunging.
Don't get this problem so much nowadays since I started to recede.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Stupid question time, but have you tried clearing it? A good kettle of boiling water can help shift gunk. Additionally, so drainage systems are a bit slow anyway - my last van was like this though a bit of a sink plunge would make it drain quickly. Just air locking a bit I suppose. 2002 van might well be a bit gunned up, but not sure about the wisdom of using drain cleaner

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
The drain pipes can be very small and sometimes take a bit of a circuitous route to the waste tank.

Ours are fine most of the time, but on certain slight slopes or tilts they do drain very slowly.

You could try a proprietary drain cleaner but make sure it is compatible with your plastic piping, some can be too aggressive and damage the pipes.

You could also have an air lock, try draining the waste tank and run the sinks etc with the drains open.......

Hope this helps......

Callum

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
hi and welcome
we have the dethleffs advantage but ours is a double floor model.

under the shower drain on ours there is round trap looks like a black tuna tin with a screw bottom if yours has these it could be they are blocked.

if you can access the inspection hole on your waste tank check that there isn't any crud blocking where the pipes go in.

also if you can see at all where the pipes from the sink and shower go check they aren't sagging anywhere as my dads VW had a broken pipe clip which allowed the pipe to sag.

silly thought but check that the waste tank overflow/vent pipe is clear as you could just be compressing the air in the tank

OP
OP
R

runner2011

Free Member
Sep 28, 2011
Ireland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Thanks for the suggestions. I have a feeling due to its age that its pretty clogged and experience has thought me that nothing is simple :Smile: . I really wanted to have a look at the trap and I presume there is some sort of non return valve at the tank end?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
R

runner2011

Free Member
Sep 28, 2011
Ireland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
hi and welcome
we have the dethleffs advantage but ours is a double floor model.

under the shower drain on ours there is round trap looks like a black tuna tin with a screw bottom if yours has these it could be they are blocked.

if you can access the inspection hole on your waste tank check that there isn't any crud blocking where the pipes go in.

also if you can see at all where the pipes from the sink and shower go check they aren't sagging anywhere as my dads VW had a broken pipe clip which allowed the pipe to sag.

...I Wish I could see where the pipes go :cry: .. the tank looks like there is a insulating foam almost factory sealed around it so I can't see any inspection holes but maybe I am not looking well enough (wouldn't be the first time)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back