Free Member
Aug 6, 2012
ESSEX
Funster No
MH
DETHLEFFS ADVANTAGE T6511
Exp
Since 2012
This is a long shot but does anyone know a good garage where I can get a slow puncture repaired near Alicante in Spain, preferably where they speak English. Today Mary and I are travelling from Murcia along the coast to Altea. Thanks

Doug.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I wouldn't worry too much about the English speaking bit, puncture is punción, otherwise just point and go pssssssst.

If you come off the motorway and head for the mechanic/service signs you should find a place OK.

Good luck.

Martin

g8ysn

Free Member
Jun 5, 2012
ng219ep
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
as funfair has said show them a flat tyre it explains itself i have had 2 to deal with whilst on our travel,s approx 30/35 euro,s that,s the result of being driven of road by a convoy exceptional clipped on left wing and right wing mirror [luckily have protector,s on]
morocco 2016 1010.jpg
morocco 2016 1004.jpg
morocco 2016 1004.jpg
morocco 2016 1004.jpg
morocco 2016 1004.jpg
morocco 2016 1005.jpg
morocco 2016 1005.jpg
morocco 2016 1010.jpg
morocco 2016 1004.jpg
morocco 2016 1005.jpg

OP
OP
dbailey2

dbailey2

Free Member
Aug 6, 2012
ESSEX
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2012
Hi Andy,

Yes I have checked the valve with some soapy water and it seems Ok

Hi Martin,

I thought pssssssst is what the funsters get in Benidorm.

Cheers,

Doug

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi
As above,i LOVE.".Psssssssst......?." The Art of Mime is alive and well in Portugal,i cannot go out now without the villagers engaging me in a "Hand and Arm waving session".This nearly always ends up with me being invited in for a drink....... or three.Result.
You will not be surprised by the fact Spanish,Porties and French know more English than they let on. I had to sign a paper,while getting the m/h. tested for MOT ready to import. SIL was doing his best Porty speak,he just mentioned to me in English he was surprised that i had learnt to do joined up writeing,i replied that i had spent a lifetime trying to perfect the art (These words). The chap over the desk started laughing,i said you know more than you are letting on,more laughter,the rest of the test was done in english,with him shouting out the english from the office, for whatever the Techies were asking us to do,sorted. Will go there again come next MOT.
Tea Bag aka "Pssssssssss..... Head LOL!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
dbailey2

dbailey2

Free Member
Aug 6, 2012
ESSEX
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2012
A bit of feedback about my slow puncture issue. I eventually came across a tyre garage near Alicante and ventured in. The fitter I approached did not speak English but with a bit of sign language he understood I had a problem with my tyre. He removed the wheel and together we checked for damage or the sign of a nail, nothing. He then submerged the wheel in a bath of water to check for any bubbles, nothing. We shrugged our shoulders, he refitted the wheel, I gave him a drink for his troubles and we went on our way. After driving about 40 miles the tyre was getting flat again. Out of frustration I called my insurance and asked them to help. The next day the RAC came and removed the wheel and together we took it to a tyre place in Calpe. Again they checked it, no fault found and as a last resort they removed the tyre from the rim and inside there was a ball of rubber where in appeared to be delaminating on the inside. A new tyre was ordered and when they fitted it the next day they discovered a tiny hole in the metal rim which they claimed was very common on a Fiat chassis. Their only suggestion was to fit a tube inside the new tyre which I reluctantly agreed to and we were on our way. By coincidence on the way over to Spain I had a similar problem in France and I ended up buying a new rim for Euros 110. So it does seem that there is a known problem with the steel rims on a Fiat, I am waiting for the fronts to go now.
Cheers
Doug

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back