Slow Drain, Finaly Sorted

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by tonywolst, Sep 1, 2011.

1. tonywolst

tonywolst Read Only Funster

I know some asked how to solve this a while back but I cant find the thread, Its probably already been said, But anyway.........
    Had very slow kitchen sink drains and very slow shower drains, Bathroom sink OK, I assumed that it was all somehow related so put up with it for a while, Then my Kitchen sink became almost stopped, I tried all sorts of drain cleaning stuff but nothing happened, I was even thinking of caustic soda but was unsure if this would cause any damage, So I wander into Aldi and they have Jays fluid on offer, £1.70ish, might as well try it, after pouring it slowly down the hole, rinsing with hot water it moves quicker, same again but left for 30mins as per the instructions and bingo, all drains working perfectly and just for a bonus, that 'smell as gone', so if your drains aren't as good as they should be or you get the occasional whiff get some Jays :thumb:

• Like Like x 2
  2. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Glad you got the problem sorted but I would use Jeyes Fluid (something we always have for use at home) with care in the van. As pointed out on the Tesco web site
    amongst other things.

3. 1Oll

1Oll Read Only Funster

Jeyes Fluid OR Jeyes Fluid DRAIN CLEANER!

Jeyes Fluid OR Jeyes Fluid DRAIN CLEANER!
    I understand there may be two products. Jeyes Fluid OR Jeyes Fluid DRAIN CLEANER!
    Check this out.
    Regards Brian

From Sunny Macclesfield.

4. tonywolst

tonywolst Read Only Funster

It was drain fluid, can't see any damage, Also doesn't say my soften plastics on the bottle witch is a bit naughty,
    The motorhome smells lovely though:Eeek:

5. MHVirgins

MHVirgins

Nasty Niffs in New Loo!

I wasn't sure about asking this question:Blush: however, the other half has said "go on"! Our van is barely 6 months old and we have only been away in it for 2 weeks in total this year so far. Due to the fact that someone reversed into our side recently, however, despite the cassette toilet thingy being emptied by husband and very well cleaned by myself:BigGrin:, we are still getting a slight "whiff" from the loo................
    Hubby thinks it might be new plastic, but I'm not so sure........:Blush: anyway, I just wondered if anyone else has had a similar problem with theirs.
    It has been emptied, rinsed and the toilet chemicals added about 6 times over the times we have used it. It's only fair that it's hubby's job to clean the cassette out, as I do everything else:thumb:

6. normanandsue

normanandsue Funster

How do you work that one out? lol:Rofl1:

• Like Like x 1
  7. MHVirgins

MHVirgins

Nasty Niffs in New Loo!

Hi NormanandSue!
    Well, it seems fair that as hubby's in charge of the septic tank at home, then he is more than qualified to sort out the small cassette in the van! I always see the men taking the cassettes to be emptied when we've been away, never the women:Laughing:

This could start a riot couldn't it?:Cool:

8. jhorsf

jhorsf Read Only Funster

I have had a slow drain on my wallet for years its called the wife:Rofl1:

• Like Like x 1
  9. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

I'm never sure that the flush cleans the bowl particularly well so, in addition to cleaning of the cassette, we clean the bowl etc with toilet wipes from time to time.

10. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

you will probably find the smell is from the sink and shower drain as motorhome do not have the benefit of water traps to stop it. clean the grey tank and when travelling with a recently emptied tank put sink,and shower drain plugs in.

11. normanandsue

normanandsue Funster

Sue went away with the grandkids in the motorhome last week so she had to empty the cassette - no one else to do it.
    You are quite right she does everything else except cleaning out the Motorhome, fill up the water, make up the bed, take down the bed, wash up, make breakfast, wash the motorhome, empty the grey tank.................... oh and I nearly forgot she drives the motorhome as well.
    She is a believer in job sharing.........
    Norman