Slovenia (1 Viewer)

Jan 22, 2014
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Morning guys can any one tell me wat paper work do u need for Slovenia. We plane to go to lake bled leaving on the 30 th may. Cheers.

PHD

Free Member
Mar 25, 2014
Cranwell, Sleaford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Very little, it is now part of the EU and adopted the €.

Normal paperwork that you carry for any EU country will suffice. There is a €7.50 vignette that you need to purchase as you cross the border and that covers you for the motorway network.

Apart from that it is a lovely, relaxed and safe part of the world and I cannot recommend it enough.

P

brynric

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600
Exp
As PHD suggested, there is nothing special needed. We travelled through twice last year, one a brief transit where we only used quiet roads so didn't buy a vignette. On the way back we bought a vignette as we travelled on motorways. We bought it at the border and stuck it straight on the windscreen. Within a couple of miles traffic was funnelled and slowed as police checked vehicles and stopped those that hadn't paid. I don't know if this was common or if it just happened near the border.

We stayed at Lake Bled in the autumn when it was very quiet but pretty. Lubjiana was also worth a visit with a convenient campsite on the edge of town and a very handy bus service.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• Img_1286.jpg
    Img_1286.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 19

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
As the other posts have said beautiful country and lovely people, we spent a few nights at Lake Bled as part of our holiday in Slovina last summer. If your Vechile is over 3.5t you will need to buy a go box, we where also stopped on the border and our documents checked.

If going to Lake Bled they only have one campsite and although it is busy we just turned up in the middle of July and got a pitch no problem, I would also recommend lubjana, can't comment on the campsite as we stayed at friends before driving down to the coast and spending a few nights in Zola. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

PHD

Free Member
Mar 25, 2014
Cranwell, Sleaford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I agree with everything said above. I have tried to attach a scanned tourist map with the campsite circled. It's a first for me on this site so anything could happen :active:

P

Attachments

• bled.jpg
    bled.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 34

brynric

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600
Exp
I have tried to attach a scanned tourist map with the campsite circled. It's a first for me on this site so anything could happen :active:

P

Worked very well PHD.
There's a well used cycle pedestrian track around the lake which gives easy access from the campsite to the town. Its very easy in the evenings with the fitter element. The lines across the lake are apparently used for championshp/olympian level rowing, there's a busy club. You can also hire a row boat to reach to the island.
The Lake Bled Cake is popular and worth a try.:winky:

scottie58

Free Member
Jul 20, 2009
berks
Funster No
MH
A class
we are currently in Slovenia - Bovec. very relaxed as no tourists about (apart from us!)

vignette for motorways is €15 for one week - campers class 2A. checked on web as we are heading for Croatia tomorrow and will need to use some motorways.

roads are excellent, people all speak English as they are taught it from yr 3 in school. Costs ok if you use acsi. No aires to speak of.

Very quiet after the mayhem we experienced in Venice!

Scenery here is spectacular - see our blog ianandtinasadventures.blogspot.co.uk

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
we are currently in Slovenia - Bovec. very relaxed as no tourists about (apart from us!)

vignette for motorways is €15 for one week - campers class 2A. checked on web as we are heading for Croatia tomorrow and will need to use some motorways.

roads are excellent, people all speak English as they are taught it from yr 3 in school. Costs ok if you use acsi. No aires to speak of.

Very quiet after the mayhem we experienced in Venice!

Scenery here is spectacular - see our blog ianandtinasadventures.blogspot.co.uk

Hi Scottie we spent some time in Bovec last summer and went white water rafting, what a great day out. If your at the small campsite just off the By pass then that's the same one we used, there is actually an Aire style park at the other end of town next to the chair lift. I can't remember the price but they have EHU I'm sure it was about 10 or 12 euros a night in summer if you wanted EHU cheaper without. There is also a few Aire style places in Zola. One is at the Marina and has hook up the other two are at the other end of town one is just a car park but allows overnight camping, the other belongs to a hotel its just a grass car park and cost 10 euros a night in summer and you can use their facilities.

scottie58

Free Member
Jul 20, 2009
berks
Funster No
MH
A class
yes same campsite. we found the aire today when out cycling. €9 24 hrs incl. elec.

campsite is EMPTY!

Chairlift has been closed due to it failing in Jan 13. Town like a ghost town - not enough people for all the houses? still nice though:Smile:

Novigrad tomorrow and our first mega site - but very cheap as start of season.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
yes same campsite. we found the aire today when out cycling. €9 24 hrs incl. elec.

campsite is EMPTY!

Chairlift has been closed due to it failing in Jan 13. Town like a ghost town - not enough people for all the houses? still nice though:Smile:

Novigrad tomorrow and our first mega site - but very cheap as start of season.

If you have time nip into Lubjana its a lovely small city.

scottie58

Free Member
Jul 20, 2009
berks
Funster No
MH
A class
in camping sirena in istra - full of slovenians in the cabins as it is their 1 st may holidays. bit of a giant , soulless place. Dutch guy next door told me that it is quite small by comparison to others in istria. Gulp! Town of Novigrad is very nice with lots of good bars and places to eat. Bit muddy as it has just tipped it down. very red mud here. one day for us then move inland away from the slovenian masses.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back