Slightly delicate...

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by Mrs.Mallard, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Mrs.Mallard

Mrs.Mallard Funster

I am very keen to buy a MH and experience life on the road, although finances restrict me at present.
    However, my OH is rather less enamoured (although persuadable I think! )
    How to persuade? (Going alone not an option!)

2. Judge Mental

Judge Mental Funster Deceased RIP

Hire one and find out.,bit take him somewhere worth going to or your sunk

It don't really work if one dont like it does it I'm afraid....does he enjoy anything? sex for instance..always a good place to start getting your own way:censored:

Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
    • Like Like x 6
  3. Spidey

Spidey Funster

Do you do any camping at the moment?

I started about 10 years ago and persuaded my OH to try camping. He was dead set against it, but i appealed to his money saving side and said it will be cheap holidays with the kids. He said ok but I am never towing a caravan. I plant seeds that grow over time and in the end he thinks its his idea :). A few years of camping he suggested getting a folding camper, fed up of camping( wonder where he got the idea!). Then 2 years later might as well get a caravan :). Well 4 years after that we have our lovely MH :). I didn't think 10 years ago we would ever get a MH, but gradually he enjoyed the holidays and doesn't really want to do anything else bliss :)

I took him to dealerships, shows and basically let him decide. :)

• Like Like x 3
  4. Glandwr

Glandwr Funster

Mrs! Mallard I think:)

Dick

• Like Like x 1
  5. Glandwr

Glandwr Funster

Suggest a day trip the other side of the country, dawdle so that it is late, when he complains say "now if we had a van we could stay the night" :)

Dick

• Like Like x 1
  6. NickNic

NickNic Funster Life Member

Definitely hire one before you even think of buying. I read in one of your other posts that you've not been in a MH before. You might find it's not for you either and just after you've spend a lot of money buying one wouldn't be the best time to find that out!

• Like Like x 4
  7. JJ

JJ Funster

If you can't persuade him around to your way of thinking you are unlike any woman I know!!!!

JJ :cool:

• Like Like x 6
  8. trekkin

trekkin Read Only Funster

Buy him one for Christmas

Then say it's in return for the ironing board he got you last year

(being a bloke he will not have a clue or remember what he got you, and even if he did will be too scared to question, or is that just me?)

Sorted

• Like Like x 6
  9. wingman

wingman Funster

I'm with you JJ. Can't believe that a woman would ask such a question! A pout, sulk, a coy look, dab of perfume and he will be down town to return with a daffy of MH magazines in a jiffy!

I could write the script.......
    "Just think darling, a whole new experience for us. Waking up to fresh air, getting away from all those things that stress us.....Time on our own, visiting new places..... Oh I know it will cost a bit, but let's spend some money on ourselves for a change. It will be soooo romantic"

On a serious note, perhaps the practical side of the pastime will appeal to him as well as the leisure bit?

• Like Like x 2
  10. johnpengers

johnpengers Funster

Are we that predictable us men ??;)

Of course are !!!!!!!

Work your magic and a motorhome is as good as yours.....honest !!(y)

Regards and good luck.

John P:)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ethle the wondervan

Ethle the wondervan

My lovely devious damsel declared that she wanted us to hire a RV and tour the Canadian Rockies to celebrate a significant birthday that she had coming up. So we did. And that was that. And here we are!
    Try something like that. Good luck. :)

• Like Like x 2
  12. carolyn

carolyn Funster

I find that talking about the wonders of almost anything a few times results in Nick having an incredible idea! That's not being manipulative at all is it? I did convert Nick to trying tent camping 20 years ago with the promise of cooked breakfasts on a daily basis, the only thing I will admit to failing on in 33 years of wedded bliss is a caravan but I have finally got over that ...

• Like Like x 1
  13. scotzsue

scotzsue Funster

took me 5 years to really get John on board, think the romahome experience put him off lol
    Does he like moto gp folk/music festivals, steam trains? find a rally at something he really enjoys, hire a van and take him on a surprise break. beware though, as you've not tried it either it might end up with him loving it and you not so keen

• Like Like x 1
  14. Mrs.Mallard

Mrs.Mallard Funster

Thank you all for your advice! Some of which made me nod in agreement, some of which gave me a good laugh! (y)

15. LesleyC

LesleyC Funster

A night in a noisy hotel room tripled my MH budget. Pity they've fixed the source of the noise, or I'd tell you where to take him. Knew there was a reason I shouldn't have complained to their head office!!

• Like Like x 2
  16. Mr and Mrs Batty

Mr and Mrs Batty

Why not try a little reverse logic ? Us men are VERY simple creatures. Search the internet for the very, very worst B & B / Hotel breaks and book several up. On arrival point out as much as you possibly can that is wrong and that he will not enjoy. Ensure he has a totally horrible time and just as he is paying the bill for this misery throw in '' wouldn't it have been nice when we saw how bad it was to have the freedom to have gone somewhere else ? '' Then leave various motorhome magazines around the house - in no time at all the average man will come up with a great idea for a purchase which of course was ALL his idea ! Sorted.
    Mr Batty (Neil)

• Like Like x 2
  17. DuxDeluxe

DuxDeluxe Funster Life Member

(y)(y)(y)