Free Member
Jul 12, 2012
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Burstner A class 3 berth
Exp
since 2004 caravans before that
Our newly acquired Burstner has loose carpeting in two pieces which is very good for easy removal and shaking the dust off. But it always slides out of place on the slippery vinyl flooring. Don't want to move them out permanently but any ideas on how to keep them in one place but still easy to take out for a shake? I've tried dressmaking velcro but it came unstuck immediately.

I just know one of you will have some brilliant idea.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
We took ours out completely on our Burstner. There was a lovely wood floor below.

Much easier to keep clean.

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
That rubber webbing stuff, that they sell for stopping things sliding you can usually find it in the likes of £1 shops etc and Asda did have some in.Thats what i used under the mat by the door so it didnt slide when the dogs jumped up into the van on it

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

steveclecy

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
We also have put our carpets into storage! Much more practical.

At home we have a slippy rug on an oak floor so we from B&Q. A bit pricey - it is an open weave cloth which has a non-setting adhesive. You can lift the rug/mats to clean/reposition. It tends to stick to the floor not the rug/mat.

Steve

JOHNSTEY

Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Our fourth glorious year!
Along with many others I suspect we have long since removed ours and stored them.They are a pain to keep clean and impractical as soon as the wet weather gets going (all year this year!):Angry: Anyway you don't want to be worrying about 'housework' while your'e away do you!:thumb:

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
carpet creepi

Hi, I have seen press studs in some carpets they fit into a screw connection on the floor they are by far the best system that I have seen :thumb:male stud and female press :RollEyes:try a contract carpet fitter for supply

OP
OP
J

june123

Free Member
Jul 12, 2012
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Burstner A class 3 berth
Exp
Partner did not want carpets removed so have compromised by moving out the carpet under the table. Nice faux wood block flooring underneath. Thanks to all for your help.

OP
OP
J

june123

Free Member
Jul 12, 2012
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Burstner A class 3 berth
Exp
That rubber webbing stuff, that they sell for stopping things sliding you can usually find it in the likes of £1 shops etc and Asda did have some in.Thats what i used under the mat by the door so it didnt slide when the dogs jumped up into the van on it

Have been looking for that (very useful stuff) but couldn't find it - will try Asda

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
We prefer to keep our carpets in situ and protect them with small, inexpensive doormats which we bin when they get dirty. However we do still have the problem that these doormats walk and even the rubber anti-slip stuff does'nt halt them.

Spacerunner

Free Member
Apr 7, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Keep an eye open for Aldi/Lidl special buys. They often have rolls of anti slip material for sale at less than a fiver a roll.

I used some to stop a problem bench cushion sliding about.
Have also completely covered the main dining table in the stuff so we can leave wine bottle and glasses ready for a quick start when we arrive on site :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

(Dont try this in your motorhome, we are trained experts!:roflmto:)

schojac

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
new in 2009
The rubbery anti-slip webbing works great for us. Used double sided tape to secure. Found extra large roll at one of the thrifty shops, bought a few rolls, used remainder in cupboards using same method of attachment. Solved lots of problems for under £12.00

edge2edge

Free Member
Aug 1, 2012
derby
Funster No
MH
talbot express xlwb
Exp
since 2000
Our newly acquired Burstner has loose carpeting in two pieces which is very good for easy removal and shaking the dust off. But it always slides out of place on the slippery vinyl flooring. Don't want to move them out permanently but any ideas on how to keep them in one place but still easy to take out for a shake? I've tried dressmaking velcro but it came unstuck immediately.

I just know one of you will have some brilliant idea.

im a carpet fitter , you can buy carpet web from most carpet shops , its a static web you cut to size . cheap & easy to use :thumb:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011

Yes, we bought a roll of this to put inside drawers and cupboards, but haven't used it yet:Doh:
Bought it in a £1 shop, just don't be tempted to buy it in Wilkinson's at £3 or £4 a roll, because it' s exactly the same stuff:Blush:

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
best stuff i've found is from Dunelms - it looks like a big sheet of wonderweb and is slightly sticky but works well in our camper keeping carpets on the wooden floors.
I have to agree, prefere the carpets to just flooring as I find it easier to brush the carpets down rather than keep sweeping sand & grit from the floors.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back