Free Member
Oct 8, 2007
Kent
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2007
We have a minor problem wiith the seals on the slide outs. It's the seals that are compressed when the slide out is IN. When the slide outs are extended it has pulled two of the seals off of the RV body. Have tried cleaning both seal and slide out, polishing both seal and slide out. Still have the problem. The seals seem to stick to the slide out and for each slide out there's four seals.

Has anyone else come across this? What fixed it? Going to try chalk on both the slide out and seal on the next dry day to see if that works.

Suggestions?

Mick

superk

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Devon
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion now sold
Exp
8 years
Maybe wrong, but seem to remember talcum powder does the trick.

:Smile:
Keith

Dec 4, 2007
worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Winnebago
Exp
20 years
Hi Mick you can get a clear silicon based rubber grease what Rv do you have
Paul

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
tuscancouple

tuscancouple

Free Member
Oct 8, 2007
Kent
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2007
Thanks for the replies, talcum powder sounds possible (great book by the way) though the grease might be a longer lasting solution. Have an RV place close by so will obtain some.

Paul

We have a Coachmen Concord 300TS, notice you have the same. Great RV's which fit into some tight spots that the big boys can't get into ::bigsmile:

Mick

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Hi Mick

We had a similar problem. The slide wouldnt go out. We took it to the garage and two things.

One was that I hadnt been lubrication the rams under the slide properley and the other which was a tip from the garage. Spray Back to Black on the inside of the rubber seals when the slide is out. The Back to Black still enable the seals to seal ok but helps when the slide is being taken out.

Jim :Smile:

OP
OP
tuscancouple

tuscancouple

Free Member
Oct 8, 2007
Kent
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2007
Jim, just read your other thread on a similar subject. Though the name seems to have changed again ::bigsmile: I'll give Lynda a call tomorrow for the slide out lube and I have some back to black in the garage. Thanks for the info

Mick

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Jim, just read your other thread on a similar subject. Though the name seems to have changed again ::bigsmile: I'll give Lynda a call tomorrow for the slide out lube and I have some back to black in the garage. Thanks for the info

Mick

Yes I think the missus got involved in that one:Doh: (superwhite)

Cheers

Jim :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back