jennymaywright

Free Member
Aug 21, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Hi everyone. We have a 2001 Autocruise Stargazer which has two side bench seats that slide to the middle to meet up and make the bed. A problem has developed with one of the slider mechanisms and it won't slide in correctly. We can't find any instructions anywhere as to how these sliders work and consequently/hopefully fix it. Can anyone give us an idea as to how this might work or point us in the direction of downloading/obtaining some instructions to help us? :Smile:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi not much idea on your model but most simply run on nylon runners (like drawer type) check to see if one side has jumped the runner and that no small objects have fell into the runner causing it to jam --other things like a lost/fell off wheel etc you should be able to spot :winky:Some may run on ball bearings and these somtimes come out causing jamming so look on floor for small BBs
terry

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
On mine though not the same van as your , it's just slats that slide between each other if they come loose they can catch the bottom, just want a screw in have you had the cushions up and had a look

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
J

jennymaywright

Free Member
Aug 21, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Hi, these are metal runners where one piece slides inside another with ball bearings running between the two edges. When comparing the two runners on the bed, one of the inner pieces seems to be sliding up before it should but we can't really see what's going on. Not easy to describe - sorry :Sad:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
sounds like a bearing has dropped out or the bar is bent. all I can suggest is carefully strip it down, check, repair and rebuild with silicon lubricant

durhamahoy

Free Member
Jun 11, 2012
Durham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2011
Hi Terry,
Due to 'over enthusiasm' I also have managed to break the 3 slides on the pull out bed.(Passenger side)
Have looked at o'leary's site but can't see anything suitable.
Was the original problem ever sorted? I'm not sure where to go for spares as Autocruise are now owned by another company. Any help or advice is much appreciated.

Steve the inadvertent motorhome breaker
:Eeek:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi O'learys bought all autocruse spares --best to ring them and ask for Darren -no doubt they will have something suitable :winky: they have thousands of spares not on the web site
terry

durhamahoy

Free Member
Jun 11, 2012
Durham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2011
Hi Terry,
Will phone them tomorrow.