Sleeping Bags or Duvets (1 Viewer)

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Getting a motorhome with U-shaped lounge and planning to use the single bed configuration (as opposed to making up the big double bed). Would you recommend sleeping bags or duvets?

Deleted User
We use sleeping bags, the type that unzip fully with soft cotton fleece on inside, it gives option of using then individually to snuggle inside when watching TV or unzipped one is same as a duvet with the other a double layer if its cold, they wash easily in machine, so I find it easier than trying to get a duvet cover on a duvet inside our small van, pack away small too. If it was up to Nige he would use a mummy style sleeping bag, but they freak me out, too claustrophobic :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Brian_K

Free Member
Feb 9, 2015
Durham
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Regards the Duvalay, what are the different opinions on the 2.5, 4 & 5cm. I imagine the 5cm takes up a fair bit of storage space.

Brian

Upvote 0
May 3, 2008
North Wales
Funster No
MH
A class Carthago Chic I47
Exp
34 years
Over the years we have tried sleeping bags, Duvets fibre, feather & silk but for home and Camper we have settled on Baavet - pure wool, guaranteed good nights sleep, never hot or cold just snuggly. I have bought from the bargain box saving quite a few pounds some have no faults at all just a little over or underweight hence the drop in price. We also have the pillows never sweaty or cold and as Don has Asthma no more wheezing either. :nod::nod::nod:

Upvote 0
Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
A nice quilted mattress topper a fitted sheet kingsize duvet and comfortable pillows
The bed is one of the most important parts
of moterhoming to us.

Upvote 0

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Duvet for us. We have a fixed bed now but when we had to make up the beds we still have duvets and I roll them and put them in covers during the day - huge cushions which make the bench seats muck more comfy for lounging, but not recommended when using the seat belts and using the hab area travelling seats.

Upvote 0

Deleted User
A nice quilted mattress topper a fitted sheet kingsize duvet and comfortable pillows
The bed is one of the most important parts
of moterhoming to us.
Our bed is tiny only 120cm wide, 190cm long, we had to reduce size when we changed the layout around, always take our pillows from home though :)

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
Over the years we have tried sleeping bags, Duvets fibre, feather & silk but for home and Camper we have settled on Baavet - pure wool, guaranteed good nights sleep, never hot or cold just snuggly. I have bought from the bargain box saving quite a few pounds some have no faults at all just a little over or underweight hence the drop in price. We also have the pillows never sweaty or cold and as Don has Asthma no more wheezing either. :nod::nod::nod:

We use baavet at home and it is amazing. We have the mattress topper and duvet. Wondering whether to have duvalet or the baavet in the motorhome. I like the fact that we only one duvet for the whole year. Med thickness and it is perfect for all year round. Also doesn 't take up much room and is lighter in wieght. May go for the baavet :)

Upvote 0

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
We have Lit tout fait . Available in France both single or double . Not sure if available in UK ? Had duvet for years but prefer the lit tout fait.

Upvote 0
Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
fixed bed with fitted sheets and goose down duvet in winter and thinner synthetic in summer keep a few fury blankets for wrapping up outside and spring and autumn they can be used on the bed as well

Upvote 0

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Regards the Duvalay, what are the different opinions on the 2.5, 4 & 5cm. I imagine the 5cm takes up a fair bit of storage space.

Brian

Tried a few but the 5cm is the one to go with imo(y). If you have bench seats not a problem storing under otherwise depends entirely on the van layout.

Upvote 0

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
+1 on the not camping.. although I moved to sheets and duvet when I still had the tent before I got the ccaravan even.

Upvote 0

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
We use both, daughter has duvet on the overcab bed, and we use sleeping bags in the u-shaped lounge. We make up the bed into the large double and use sleeping bags, we found that the 2 singles option is just a little too small. We use the bags mainly because they roll up small and can be stowed away.

Upvote 0
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I did use a double duvet which I folded in two and slept between. Last week I bought a Duvalay and I must be the only person that isn't impressed with it.

If I were to be in the market again I would go for 2 single duvets and sew the buggers together myself.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
The Dudess
Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
I started this thread back in Jan 2013 when we were about to take delivery of our very first motorhome (not sure how it got resurrected?) Anyway, we made the decision to have a double duvet each folded in half so we lie on one half and cover up with the other half. In the height of summer we just use the duvet covers and have a fleece blanket each to supplement if necessary - works for us.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back