Skype, help and advice please

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by Teasy2007, Sep 23, 2011.

1. Teasy2007

Teasy2007 Funster

Hi we are in Santa Suzanna and I wondered if anyone has used Skype to call home.

I am fed up with mobile phone charges and wanted to use Skype, BUT I dont know whether to sign up to a subscription as I have read a couple of posts which suggest it is not as easy to connect to a landline or mobile as Skype might like you to think.

I have used Skype to Skype on the computer and that works a treat, but some friends are not on Skype so would like to call their landline.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Ginny

2. JJ

JJ Funster

Hi there Ginny... I have used my "Skype Out" account for years with great (but not always 100%) success. Some calls drop but that depends on the internet connection.

The rare times I need to top up I do so via PayPal, a couple of button presses and it is done...

Phoning my sister in the US from the back of the Wagon for a penny a minute... a bargain...

JJ

3. yodeli

yodeli Funster Life Member

Hi Ginny

My son phones me from everywhere in the world on my land line and indeed it is working fine for a few pennies!!

He has opened a skype account , paid a subscription with his visa card...; done!!

"Hello my little mum!....":Smile: and i am a happy mumy:BigGrin::BigGrin:

So go for it ! It is great !

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile::Smile::Smile: