Skype, help and advice please (1 Viewer)

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Hi we are in Santa Suzanna and I wondered if anyone has used Skype to call home.

I am fed up with mobile phone charges and wanted to use Skype, BUT I dont know whether to sign up to a subscription as I have read a couple of posts which suggest it is not as easy to connect to a landline or mobile as Skype might like you to think.

I have used Skype to Skype on the computer and that works a treat, but some friends are not on Skype so would like to call their landline.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Ginny

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Hi there Ginny... I have used my "Skype Out" account for years with great (but not always 100%) success. Some calls drop but that depends on the internet connection.

The rare times I need to top up I do so via PayPal, a couple of button presses and it is done...

Phoning my sister in the US from the back of the Wagon for a penny a minute... a bargain...

JJ

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Hi Ginny

My son phones me from everywhere in the world on my land line and indeed it is working fine for a few pennies!!

He has opened a skype account , paid a subscription with his visa card...; done!!

"Hello my little mum!....":Smile: and i am a happy mumy::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

So go for it ! It is great !

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile::Smile::Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread