Free Member
Sep 23, 2007
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
2 years
can you pick up sky tv in spain anymore i have just bin told you carnt is this true if so i will get satalight broudband is there any other way

Stonemags76

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2011
Derbyshire Dales
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleepers Warwick Duo
Exp
Full Time 2011-2013, now part timers!
We have an Oyster 85cms automatic system, with a Sky +HD box, and have had more or less full service throughout southern Spain and into Portugal so far. We did have to turn the LNB towards about 8 o'clock, and also change the default transponder to frequency 12.226, but otherwise fine. Channel 5 is a bit off, and some others, but got all the main ones, planner etc. when we move I have to check the transponder, as it defaults back to 11 something sometimes.
I did a google search and got the tips about the LNB and transponder.

:Smile:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
All is to change this year as more satellites are launched and many things like footprints will change.

Winter 2012/13 we had all TV as long as we had a large dish but what will happen next winter is now uncertain as they play about with the newly launched satellites.

Loads on the subject if you search on Google but I don't think anyone knows yet.

So my plans are wait and see what happens then decide if getting UK TV down South is worth the hassle, and the big dish that we would have to carry.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi Lyndon, we have a 1m dish and gone down the med in Spain and round Portugal and now on our way home, had all the channels except 5's, but it would be easier with a 1.2m and turn the lnb to 7 to 8 o'clock position.:Smile: People are getting some channels with a 85cm Oyster But its hard work and a bit hit and miss.:Doh:

Its cheaper to buy a large dish in the UK, they cost double in Spain, :whatthe: Bob.

I should add Smudger has a 1.2m dish stored in Portugal that he will sell you.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back