Free Member
Jan 29, 2008
alston lancashire
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
two years
Hi, Is anyone currently receiving sky tv successfully in the costa del sol? If yes, could you please tell me what frequency you are using.
Thanks, Maurice

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
LOOK HERE Lots of info on how to do it including frequency you should be using.

Hi, Is anyone currently receiving sky tv successfully in the costa del sol? If yes, could you please tell me what frequency you are using.
Thanks, Maurice

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
What size dish are you using, it does make a difference

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
M

maurice

Free Member
Jan 29, 2008
alston lancashire
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
two years
sky tv

It's a 66 eliptical dish. It worked fine last year using 12.051 frequency but we were in Almeria and now we are in Malaga.

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
It's a 66 eliptical dish. It worked fine last year using 12.051 frequency but we were in Almeria and now we are in Malaga.

Here as the frequencies I use to get pictures on my Sky box.

Using the remote control, press Services and then 4. Now in succession, press 01 (without pausing between the 0 and the 1) and then press Select. This is an undocumented sequence which gives access to the Installer Setup screen. Press 2 to get the Default Transponder screen. (Incidentally, don't be tempted to experiment with other features in the installer setup facility - you could seriously mess up the box which is why the routine is undocumented. Keep to the instructions!)
The frequency 12.129 for example equates to Transponder 22 with a value of 07e6. As an alternative to 12.129 you can also try 12.207, 11.817, 12.051, or 11.739 in that order. There is also a further worrying development I have recently heard about. A correspondent wrote to say that even when you have a signal on the Signal Test screen, the digibox can still fail to recognise any channels. If that happens to you, try this work-around.
The frequency 12.129 for example equates to Transponder 22 with a value of 07e6. As an alternative to 12.129 you can also try 12.207, 11.817, 12.051, or 11.739 in that order. There is also a further worrying development I have recently heard about. A correspondent wrote to say that even when you have a signal on the Signal Test screen, the digibox can still fail to recognise any channels. If that happens to you, try this work-around.
Go into Add Channel (Services, 4, 4) and enter the frequency details for Sky News (12207, V, 27.5, 2/3). Tab down to Find Channels and press Select. Assuming Sky News is given as one of the options, highlight it and press the Yellow button, followed by Select. Back out to the main screen, then go to Services, 6. Select Sky News.
Wait a few moments and the other south beam channels should then become available. If this still doesn't work, I'm afraid I'm stumped. However you might find other people on site who have worked out a way of getting a signal. If so, please email me with the details so that I can spread the word.

You must remember that UK TV and Sky comes from 4 satellites, and the one thta carried BBC and ITVs are
Asra 2d and is a very narrow beam spotted on the UK. Therefore in Spain reception is tricky, especially
between Valencia and CDSol. 80cm should just about pick up BBC and ITV in Barcelona, but will get trikier
the farther south yougo (although on the CDS the signal gets stronger).

Fives and BBC Nes etc are ona much stronger signal and thats why thy are available easier than Astra 2d channels.
If you use a sky card, you can get ITV and C4 by adding them to your other channels list by scanning 12402 and 12480.

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
Thanks, Maurice

Remember that you only need to change the default transponder frequency to help the sky box boot up.

Normally it is best to unplug the box form the power, then reapply power, then do the proxcess...doing the process too many times may result in a signals showing on the test screen, but no signals received on the channels themselves - you "confuse" the digibox and "block it up"

It does not make channels last longer.

It will be normal for the box to revert back to 11778.

The box uses any of the 90plus frequencies it needs to to receive UK TV....for example if you select BBC News the box will use frequency 11954H, Sky News 12207.

I have a page for this process, including a video, printable form with the instructions, and why you need to do this process.

http://www.satandpcguy.com/Site/sky...der_frequency_settings_costa_blanca_spain.php

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back