LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2011
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
hi guys, does anybody know if you can pick up Astra 2 in Benidorm? I have an Oyster II 85cm auto dish and it just keeps searching and does not find a signal. I am using a Sky box with viewing card. It was working fine before we left. Alternatively does anybody know if there is a mobile sat guy in the Benidorm area I could call on in case I have messed up the settings? We are on El Raco.......I know we could just chill and let the world go by but we are here for 2 months and SWMBO likes her TVs. Any help would be appreciated.

OP
OP
Southampton

Southampton

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2011
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
I don't want BBC or ITV just some of the other channels. There are other Brit vans here so maybe I will ask them what satellite they are on.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
We were on Almafra a week ago and could get Astra2 though I would say that there was nothing worth watching.

Normally we just tune it to Astra1 and watch sky news or BBC news.

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
We were on Raco for six weeks over the new year and had there tv hook up it had a number of uk station and was in with the site fee.

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
you should have no problems picking up the channels (mainly the sky pay and "cheapo" channels) on astra 2e and 2fs european beam in Benidorm on an 85cm dish.

it would struggle picking up the bbc itv c4s and the few sky channels on the uk beams though.

would have thought "the other brits" there would also be watching their uk tv on the same uk tv satellites....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Southampton

Southampton

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2011
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Yes that is what I thought SatandPCguy, it is just whirring round and not locking, got clear view, no obstructions which makes me think it has lost its settings. Tried a reboot (removed fuse as stated in manual) but still no joy. Will have another play in the morning.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back