Free Member
Jan 8, 2011
Debyshire
Funster No
MH
hymer c640 c class
Exp
since 2009
hi in the roof above my over cab bed the is a square section that looks as if a window/skylight
could be fitted has anybody attempted this and what are the pit falls or is it best to have it done at a proper workshop.

thanks

Merle

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
Hi, assuming the roof is straight then if you are reasonably handy you will be able to do it yourself. Buy a good quality skylight and use a very good quality silicon, Sikaflex sticks like the proverbial. The internal trimming is taken care of by the skylight fittings. Use a fine bladed jig saw to cut the hole and take your time. You will find you may need to cut the screws that go into the fixing brackets if you have a thin roof. BUT, if you are in any doubt, I was quoted £400 by a south coast dealership. You pays your money.......

Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
There is sky light fitted on mine, and I am always checking for leaks after rain and the lighting daytime is good enough without it So why break up the integrity of the roof for very little gain . just a thought.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
B

Bobby dazzler

Free Member
Jan 8, 2011
Debyshire
Funster No
MH
hymer c640 c class
Exp
since 2009
hi thanks for the replies my reason for wanting to fit one is for better ventilation in hotter climates gets quite stuffy up there.

Apr 8, 2008
Snaith
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Nineteen years
I fitted one in the same place, I found that it was good idea to make a template from thick card for the opening size, in order to fit it square, tape it down helps to keep the cutting straight, it made a lot of difference to the bed area ventilation.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back