Sky card in different box question? (1 Viewer)

Tezza

Free Member
Sep 6, 2008
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 286
Exp
around 26 years
Good evening

Now that I have my sky box sorted in the van (many thanks to all who helped me earlier this week) I have another question, to save taking the home box out each time and resetting the single feed options and box initialising etc etc, if I bought another sky HD box (to leave in the van) could I still use my home card with it without calling sky each time to pair it up?

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
There is a way of pairing it online through Sky quite simple I believe but haven't needed to use it myself

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
A sky card will work in ANY Sky box without pairing for the non premium and non HD channels.
Sky Sports, Sky Movies BT Sports, and all Sky HD channels *and if you want to Sky+ record encrypted channels) require the card to be paired to the box.

But most of the latest versions of the SkyHD and Sky+HD boxes allow you to pair them yourself using an wifi / adls / broadband internet connection. Connect the box to the (UK) internet, go to a premium channels (Sky Sports, Sky Movies BT Sports, and all Sky HD channels) and you will get a prompt to pair the card online.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
Get another box of a similar type and go here to pair the card.

Broken Link Removed

When you come home, put the card back into your home box and pair it back again. Easy peasy.

Jul 29, 2014
Norfolk and Correze, France
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Had one for 5 years many moons ago. Now starting again.
Would I be right in saying you have to do that before leaving the UK or Sky will suss you are out of the country and not play ball?

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
Would I be right in saying you have to do that before leaving the UK or Sky will suss you are out of the country and not play ball?
YOu would need o be running a VPN providing you with a UK IP address for it to work if you are outside the UK and ROI.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Ritz154

Free Member
Jun 28, 2016
Leicester
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-tiki
Exp
Since 2011
Tezza we have sky box in our Motorhome like you it saves keeping having to disconnect and reconnect each time , our card works in both but we forgot to take the card one holiday so went on Ebay bought second hand one and that also lives in the Motorhome , good luck

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
Tezza we have sky box in our Motorhome like you it saves keeping having to disconnect and reconnect each time , our card works in both but we forgot to take the card one holiday so went on Ebay bought second hand one and that also lives in the Motorhome , good luck

You bought a sky card from ebay??? (which should not be sold as a card is always property of Sky, and it is not the sellers right to sell them)
Was it the "freesat from sky" "free to view" card that only unlocks about 5 channels? (Local TV channels, 4Music, Insight HD, Motors TV, Nollywood Movies, Sony Entertainment Television, Sony Movie Channel and Yesterday +1)
Or the full sky package card? (why not simply get another multiroom card from sky instead??)

Remember you don't need a sky card to receive channels from BBC ITV C4 or Five (and about 100 other chanenls) (apart from a few HD versions which require the Sky HD package) - as they are all free to air, free from encrpytrion, and free from subscription.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back