Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
Broken Link Removed

anyone had any dealings with this type of box for MH, any feedback would be very useful

thanks in advance

Jeff

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
From what I understand, unless something new has come out... It's like the old dream box where you need an internet connection all the time..
Your own sat dish provides the signal but the codes required for the de-crypt come from the internet linked to a pc and sat receiver that has an official card....

So in a motorhome your going to be stuffed unless you have a good mobile connection....

Stig,.. Just seen your location.. I am in Grimsby tomorrow ! Collecting my repaired van from Autotrail... :)

OP
OP
the stig

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
From what I understand, unless something new has come out... It's like the old dream box where you need an internet connection all the time..
Your own sat dish provides the signal but the codes required for the de-crypt come from the internet linked to a pc and sat receiver that has an official card....

So in a motorhome your going to be stuffed unless you have a good mobile connection....

Stig,.. Just seen your location.. I am in Grimsby tomorrow ! Collecting my repaired van from Autotrail... :)

if your still in town after 6.30 then drop by for a cuppa, oh and thanks for the info. just bought a new (to us) van and the tv equipment is very hit and miss, so need a new mini sky box or something similar

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
if your still in town after 6.30 then drop by for a cuppa, oh and thanks for the info. just bought a new (to us) van and the tv equipment is very hit and miss, so need a new mini sky box or something similar

Cheers on the offer, hopefully I should be near home by that time. I think I land at Grimsby about 1.30pm then a bus to Europark....

If your not fussed on actual Sky paid for channels then maybe a freesat box, something like the Manhattan plaza ??? Freesat with a guide, 12v and you can get SD or HD versions..

OP
OP
the stig

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
Cheers on the offer, hopefully I should be near home by that time. I think I land at Grimsby about 1.30pm then a bus to Europark....

If your not fussed on actual Sky paid for channels then maybe a freesat box, something like the Manhattan plaza ??? Freesat with a guide, 12v and you can get SD or HD versions..

would a freesat marry up to a oyster satelite system? not gend up on electronics. :Blush:

Deckard

Free Member
Mar 26, 2013
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
...looking
Exp
Noob
this dreambox looks great for home use - anyone using one?

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
would a freesat marry up to a oyster satelite system? not gend up on electronics. :Blush:

Yes as far as I am aware the Oyster will work with any sat receiver.... Sky - Freesat or Free to air..

Deckard,, I had a very early version when people were starting to mess about with it and at the time I never carried on with it as the guy doing it became unreliable.. See below.
The thing you have to watch is how much you are paying over and above how much the box itself costs... Ie the receiver may only be a £50 box, the rest is mark up for the hacking of the channels.. So you may pay £130 and it works great for a year OR someone who is controlling the hack is busted, gives up, does a runner etc etc and after a short while your left with a second hand free to air satellite receiver... It's a gamble really, I guess the more you watch the more you get back...

easygirl

Free Member
Nov 7, 2010
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Kontiki
Exp
3 years
Be very careful with these boxes, we had the sky fraud investigator at our station last week with a statement, they are persuing people selling these boxes, and may start to look at buyers next. The sky investigator had flown from London to wigan to buy a box from the seller, flown back to London, had the box tested by their technicians, then flew back to,wigan with the statements.
We arrested a guy who had sold over 70 on ebay and will be looking at prison for an estimated £40k fraud.

Jan 17, 2010
Northants
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach740SE
Exp
Since 2006
The skybox M3 is a neat little 12v FTA sat rx, it will take a sky card but only gives you the free to view channels it will not decrypt anything.
It doesnt need an internet connection unless you want to illegally decode sky using a remote card.

You can download a channel list that makes sky easier to use but it is really meant to be a general purpose sat rx which can also drive a dish.

I think for the money it's a good little box

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back