skiing trip to scotland this weekend (1 Viewer)

Terry and Nicola

Free Member
Sep 8, 2008
Thornton
Funster No
MH
Exp
HI ALL:Smile:
Planning a skiing trip to scotland this weekend not sure were we are going. would like to do nevis on the saturday and glencoe on the sunday :thumb:not sure what the weather is going to do :thumb:any body planning any skiing trip this weekend

robinmclaren

Free Member
Feb 23, 2009
coventry , warwickshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
20+ if you include vw campers and the like
hi terry

no , guess what working right through again right up to 14th feb ( some sundays off in between )
next break aiming on getting off 14/15 feb to cornwall for the week

have a great time all and dont get to cold

:thumb:

carl65

Free Member
Jul 20, 2009
North Shields Tyne & Wear
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
hi terry are you taking the m/h and is there parking near by ? i snowboard but sounds good to me

thanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Terry and Nicola

Terry and Nicola

Free Member
Sep 8, 2008
Thornton
Funster No
MH
Exp
hi terry are you taking the m/h and is there parking near by ? i snowboard but sounds good to me

thanks

HI carl65
Yes will be taking the motorhome i have 2 sons coming with me 20 and 12 a mate and his son 11 and a mate who is 55 ish and we all ski .not sure were will end up. i will make my mind up thursday or friday :thumb:but if you want to come and join us your more than welcome o yes parking i will park over night in the ski area car park :thumb:

OP
OP
Terry and Nicola

Terry and Nicola

Free Member
Sep 8, 2008
Thornton
Funster No
MH
Exp
hi terry

no , guess what working right through again right up to 14th feb ( some sundays off in between )
next break aiming on getting off 14/15 feb to cornwall for the week

have a great time all and dont get to cold

HI Robin
Hope you are all well. now the snow as gon we have had a good 2 weeks off work .are you going to that place you told us about in cornwall
:thumb:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
HI carl65
Yes will be taking the motorhome i have 2 sons coming with me 20 and 12 a mate and his son 11 and a mate who is 55 ish and we all ski .not sure were will end up. i will make my mind up thursday or friday :thumb:but if you want to come and join us your more than welcome o yes parking i will park over night in the ski area car park :thumb:

good snow at the Cairngorns. Go to the furnicular and stay the weekend there. No worries. Also the other possibity is The Lecht. good snow and stay on the level car park again http://www.winterhighland.info/

Could always start at the Cairngorns and try them all.

Enjoy,,, We will be packing for Les Saisies:thumb::thumb: otherwise we would of come

Last edited:

robinmclaren

Free Member
Feb 23, 2009
coventry , warwickshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
20+ if you include vw campers and the like
hi terry

yes we are going to the usual spot in cornwall next to the beach ( pub/shop/chippy local ) ,toyota rav tow car not done yet so just taking the motorhome for a nice quiet weeks relax, maybe take kayak if weather looks good, if you can make it let me know and can either give you direction or meet you en route
you would love it
:Cool:

OP
OP
Terry and Nicola

Terry and Nicola

Free Member
Sep 8, 2008
Thornton
Funster No
MH
Exp
just back

HI ALL
Had 2 days off skiing .We set off on friday at 1 in the afternoon and got to nevis at about 8 we found a pub at fortwillam and had tea then spent the night in nevis car park and we were skiing for 9.30 on saturday skied all day came down at 4 and had a b b q in car park great fun .
Then drove back to glencoe and spent the night in there car park skiing by about 9.30 as well. snow was very good at glencoe but poor vis nevis was poor vis as well we set off back home at 4 and got home for 9.45 600 mile round trip all in a good weekend legs not hurting to bad i have put some pics on my album .

OP
OP
Terry and Nicola

Terry and Nicola

Free Member
Sep 8, 2008
Thornton
Funster No
MH
Exp
Glenshee

HI ALL :Smile:
Just got back from 4 days in scotland we went to Glenshee our first time there just me and my wife no kids .We spent 3 nights in the car park which was ok very cold at night but very warm in the van .Got there thursday night at 8 and parked up and forgot everthing about camping at night at -6 or 8:Doh: I have 2 waste tanks on my van. 2 outlets on waste tanks were frozen , I found i had pipe going to the waste tank out side the van on the under side i did not park level cos off snow so waste water in the pipe froze will have to sort that.But apart from that the van worked well .
Now for the skiing it was great 2nd day was best (saturday) blue sky all day and all runs open skied ever run i think staff were very good on the lifts looked after us very well .There were about 6 or 7 motorhomes in the car park sorry we did take our dog with us we have a 2 year german shepard he had a great time in the snow and allways feel safer with him in the van at night time will put some pics on larter .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back