Nov 2, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
Ducato hymer
Exp
Not enough!
Hi, somebody suggested staying at: la foret camping la rosiere

Has anyone stayed there before or have any knowledge /views ?

No reply from the site (but that could be due to my shocking franglais).

But from what I can see it looks like it's just a short walk from the main village lifts and shops etc, but it is very high up.

Any advice most welcome.

Thanks

Justin

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Got a feeling Paul Hagnap stayed there on the way back from ValThorens last year, we were in Annecy and he phoned us to tell us he'd found a great little stop and I'm sure this was it.
If he doesn't spot this send him a pm.:thumb:

scottie58

Free Member
Jul 20, 2009
berks
Funster No
MH
A class
Broken Link Removed

We have been skiing in La Ros many times and also been there in the summer. The campsite is at 1750m and not within easy walking distance of the town or lifts. Their website shows that they run a free navette. Lovely location though.

Great place to ski especially if you go across into La Thuile in Italy. You could also get a bus down into Bourg and go skiing in Les Arcs, or Ste Foy, or Val D'Isere!! Lots of resorts to choose from.

There is an aire in la Ros behind the council snow plough garage - on a shelf overlooking the valley with stunning views. We looked at it in Feb during school half term - it was empty but the bourne was frozen. We spoke to the Dutch people staying there, they were carrying water from somewhere close by. Not ideal. Would be ok for 2 or 3 nights if you arrived full of water?

There is a campsite in Seez and another opposite Super U in Bourg. Lots of people stay there and use it as a base for skiing. Good bus service - think it is free if you have a liftpass.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back