ski wax (1 Viewer)

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
our skis are waxed and edged ready to go so how long will it last not that we want to go to fast yet
bill

Apr 23, 2010
Isle Of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 years
Hi Bill waxed and edged skis should last you the week,unless snow conditions are really poor,i.e. like sugary,or very icy,otherwise have a great time and come back whole(y):LOL::LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Hi Bill waxed and edged skis should last you the week,unless snow conditions are really poor,i.e. like sugary,or very icy,otherwise have a great time and come back whole(y):LOL::LOL:
thanks for the sensible answer no intention on getting hurt just having a bit of
fun bill

Paddywack

Free Member
Oct 15, 2013
Neasham, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Hymer ExsisT588
If its icy I tend to do the edges done after a week, with modern bases the wax isn't so important.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
The wax is not to just go faster it will also help to turn that being said for a beginner I can't see it making that much difference!

Duck Truck

Free Member
Feb 27, 2015
UP North
Funster No
MH
Hobby 725
Exp
since 2012
Waxing makes the ski/board run smoothly and not just faster
When snow is sticky in warmer conditions you tend to travel in a jerky fashion which can be quite
disconcerting for beginners. They sell a little applicator of liquid wax which you can rub over the ski or board base a few seconds and it dries. Little kids don't have the weight to move easily on sticky snow so waxing makes it less tiring for them. If you are renting skis boards you can always pop back in to the shop if the edges get blunt (Scotish skiing blunts edges fast especially if rocks and heather are showing through) and the hire shop should be prepared to sharpen over night.
have fun

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back