Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
So what is it???

Or are we going to have to wait until the we get to Val Thorens before we realise we should have bought one along as well?!::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
We packed ours two years ago, hope they are still in date!!::bigsmile:

Mind you, haven't they opened tinned stuff off the Titanic and that was still OK?

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
By this time, anyone reading this thread in the hope of genuine advice on kitting out your MH for a skiing trip will have given up and gone to the Dark Side...............:Doh:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Getting excited now, checked out the VT website yesterday masses of snow, must practise putting the snowchains on again, only done it once when I bought them.

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09

Attachments

• DSC04078.jpg
    DSC04078.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 9

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
'British Corner Shop' ship worldwide!
If we run out of FB pies we can have them delivered!! Wow!::bigsmile:

We have been practicing chain fitting too. It's a bit of a squeeze to thread them between our dual rear wheels.
Mind you, we haven't been stuck yet on snow, so with the chains on, the Tranny will be unstoppable!::bigsmile:

Also, we have jump leads, a tow strop, a ladder, snow shovel and soft brush for snow removal, a pair of overalls, gloves and knee pads for chain fitting, lots of screenwash concentrate, a blowtorch and a couple of builders buckets for collecting grey water and saving the hassle of a frozen waste tank.

Anyone think of anything else?

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
'British Corner Shop' ship worldwide!
If we run out of FB pies we can have them delivered!! Wow!::bigsmile:

We have been practicing chain fitting too. It's a bit of a squeeze to thread them between our dual rear wheels.
Mind you, we haven't been stuck yet on snow, so with the chains on, the Tranny will be unstoppable!::bigsmile:

Also, we have jump leads, a tow strop, a ladder, snow shovel and soft brush for snow removal, a pair of overalls, gloves and knee pads for chain fitting, lots of screenwash concentrate, a blowtorch and a couple of builders buckets for collecting grey water and saving the hassle of a frozen waste tank.

Anyone think of anything else?

Got all that except the tow rope and blow torch.
Read somewhere to take a portable step as the electric ones freeze up.

OP
OP
jaygee
Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
I saw the photos, that's why I asked :ROFLMAO:

Am awaiting delivery of snow chains then hubby can have a play with them.
Just had my snow boots delivered today. Hubby keeps bidding on some on ebay but to date has not managed to win any as they go for a fortune and he wants to pay peanuts!
Now awaiting delivery of some 'short leg' salopettes that hopefully will fit as I've tried loads on in TK Max, Sports Direct etc.... but they are all about a foot too long:Eeek::Eeek::Eeek: If these don't fit then I'll have to get sewing.

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Got all that except the tow rope and blow torch.
Read somewhere to take a portable step as the electric ones freeze up.

Dont take a plastic Table for outside as ours froze and when being cleared a chunk of it broke off :Doh::Doh::Doh:

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Dont take a plastic Table for outside as ours froze and when being cleared a chunk of it broke off :Doh::Doh::Doh:

I'll second that!
We have a fleet of forktucks that work at -28 c in a coldstore. The plastic trims are always brittle and keep breaking at those temperatures!:Doh:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
We've only got a plastic one can't afford ali:cry:

Milk crate it is then:winky:

Admittedly ours was only a small plastic table , but should n=be ok if taken in now and again,lolol we left it out permanently for the odd funster's drinkies :thumb::thumb:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
We also carry two 15 litre collapsible water containers and a funnel for fetching and topping up on board water.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Fray bentos pies are essential as there are so many uses . One Of which is so that I can put bindings on a coupLe and ski down the supermarche if we run out of alcohol.....::bigsmile:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
By this time, anyone reading this thread in the hope of genuine advice on kitting out your MH for a skiing trip will have given up and gone to the Dark Side...............:Doh:

Seriously we did have a slight prob freezing up due to a small water leak at the water filler, it was remedied at the time but have since repaired - hopefully, but have also moved the pipes inwards (ones under our the sofa) and lined the wall with some kingspan , we will also use a exterior bucket for grey water etc
Cant recall if we used our electric step

We do have a cover for the bonnet which I noticed previously some folk had which IMHO helped :thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
jaygee
Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
We don't have an oven so cannot cook the pies which is why we like the puddings, they can be cooked in a saucepan........comfort food on a cold day!

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
We don't have an oven so cannot cook the pies which is why we like the puddings, they can be cooked in a saucepan........comfort food on a cold day!

Puddings ... if our oven is on welcome to include yours

john northey

Free Member
Jun 16, 2015
Bethanga
Funster No
MH
don't own one
Exp
hired one
I hired a dual wheel camper for a holiday in New Zealand and needed to fit chains. What a hassle trying to fit them. Learnt a trick the next day to place a short length of 100mm x 50mm in front of the inside of reach dual wheel. Then dive up on them which raises the outside wheels off the ground. Easy as then.

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
I hired a dual wheel camper for a holiday in New Zealand and needed to fit chains. What a hassle trying to fit them. Learnt a trick the next day to place a short length of 100mm x 50mm in front of the inside of reach dual wheel. Then dive up on them which raises the outside wheels off the ground. Easy as then.

I have tried that using a levelling ramp but the extra squashing of the inside tyre makes access even worse!
The chains push through OK, but to be honest we haven't had to use them since we bought m+s tyres 2 years ago!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back