Free Member
Oct 12, 2011
cannock chase
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
im a newbie
hi funsters, we are back from skegness, what a week, blue skies, warm breezes,yes and shorts on in march. unbelievable.
we stayed on the caravan club site at skegness sands, mile and half from the town.
plenty of bus services, bus pass essential, or cycle along the miles of sea front prom.
or even hire an electric buggy and tear along with the rest of the mob.
the bus went very well, 270 miles on half a tank of fuel. after redistribution of weight the ride home was much better. i was advised to have air suspension fitted to the rear axle, any comments on that. also the reasoning behind towing a car on a trailer.
back home, the lawns are cut and i am repacking for our next trip to france for a month.
all in all we have not missed the caravan, but are still learning the advantages of a motorhome. regards pete.:thumb:

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Nice place skegness sands although didnt find the cycle path to town. Had to go the roadway because there is a golf club in between. Would have loved that. Although we enjoyed skegness.wasnt that good weather up there when we were there but it was xmas time

Geoffers

Free Member
May 13, 2011
Groby Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We often go to Skegness sands, it used to be Derbyshire Miners Holiday camp.
Worth a look on youtube how it used to be, it also explains why it has the largest indoor pool in Skegness (only remnant left of the old camp site):Cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
use to go as a boy for the weekend with St Johns Ambulance Brigade winter camp hundreds of us from all over the country church and parade on Sunday morning Happy Days:winky:

OP
OP
hedgefordpete

hedgefordpete

Free Member
Oct 12, 2011
cannock chase
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
im a newbie
thanks for all your replies.
the prom path does go along past the golf course , if you do not mind throwing the bike over two sets of gates and ignoring the trespass signs. i also rode along the hard sand near the waters edge.
the derbyshire miners home on youtube was fantastic, i was informed that after the miners strike it was declared bankrupt and was sold at auction for £8000-00 to the owner of skegness sands holiday park. i believe that it is still used.
regards, pete.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back