Sites to avoid

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by motorhomelover, Jul 30, 2010.

1. motorhomelover

motorhomelover

Pills and caravans seized in raid on park

Registered Article !

[​IMG]
    Police officers with one of the caravans at the site
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Published Date: 20 October 2009
    [​IMG]

A DAWN swoop on a holiday park saw police uncover three stolen caravans and a quantity of drugs.
    Police officers with sniffer dogs and towing trucks descended on Ashfield Caravan Park, near Dalton Piercy, on the outskirts of Hartlepool.

Yesterday's operation uncovered a bag of diazepam tablets, a class C drug, in one stolen caravan with another two of the portable homes also found to have been swiped by crooks.

The seizures were part of Operation Relentless, a pro-active campaign re-started this week by Hartlepool Police to crackdown on crooks blighting the town.

Temporary Detective Chief Inspector John Chapman said: "This is just the beginning of Operation Relentless again and I am delighted by the results so far.

"We have recovered property for their true owners and are arresting people believed to have been involved.

"By acting on information from the public we will be disrupting criminals every single day.

"Whether you are an organised criminal or a petty thief, we will be coming after you."

Police put all 40 of the caravans on the site through database checks and three were flagged up as being stolen.

One man has been arrested on suspicion of theft and possessing a class C drug and is currently helping police with inquiries.

Police are now searching for another two men they need to speak to in connection with the matter.

Mark Ashton, the owner of the site for the last five years, was shocked to be called to the site by police at around 7.30am yesterday.

He said: "We didn't know that this was going on and it has come as a big surprise.

"We have given our full co-operation to the police and are doing everything we can to help with investigations."

A stolen Ranger Series 6 caravan was spotted first by police who broke open a window to search inside.

They uncovered a brown bag full of 300 blue tablets, thought to be diazepam, that are worth around £10 per eight tablets.

A new Elddis Club Avante 626 caravan that was stolen while being delivered in Stockton was seized and an Elddis Firestorm 362 was also towed away after it emerged it had been stolen.

Two other caravans were also searched by officers and police dogs although nothing untoward was found.

Anyone with any information which can help police is asked to ring Hartlepool Police on (01642) 302126 or Crimestoppers on (0800) 555111.
    if your visiting the tall ships you ahve been warned :Eeek:

2. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Never been to that site but I've just looked on the web sites of the two local evening newspapers and there's nothing there about Ashfield Caravan Park.

Looks like the incident - which happened over 9 months ago - may well be a one-off.

Graham

3. Ralph-n-Bev

Ralph-n-Bev Funster

If they had a good search in our MH they'd find Diazapam too, ive packets squatted all over the place at home as well . I need it for when my backs really , bad amongst other stuff.:Eek!:

Mmmmm £ 10 for 8 tablets :RollEyes::Blush::Wink:
    And I always complain about being the only person ever paying for my prescriptions , when I'm in the chemist:Angry:
    Bev

4. madbluemad

madbluemad

How old would you say that Mark Tomson the writer of the article is, 14, 15 ?? :Rofl1:

Jim
    :Laughing:

5. Road Runner

Road Runner Read Only Funster

i to take these tablets:Sad:

crooks wlil get off with a warning only:RollEyes:

6. movan

movan Funster Life Member

I also took them... until about five minutes ago... thinking of selling them now to pay for van insurance...:Wink:

7. madbluemad

madbluemad

Maybe we should have a medication fun meet. We could all try out everybody elses gear. What a blast that would be !!!!
    Jim
    :Laughing:

• Like Like x 1
  8. haganap

haganap Funster Life Member

so you haven't been to a fun meet then Jim :Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

• Like Like x 1
  9. bazfergy

bazfergy Read Only Funster

I'd get a fortune, i've got bottles of morphine as well :Eeek:

10. mengler

mengler Read Only Funster

Travelling with medication

I travel with quite a lot of medication including diazepham, but always make sure I have a Doc. letter stating my condition and that they have been prescribed for me

11. novawight

novawight Read Only Funster

just show them your prescription repeat

12. alcorn54

alcorn54 Read Only Funster

looks like ill have no problems finding medication if my back goes of at Doncaster in May then, :thumb::thumb:

13. breeks

breeks Read Only Funster

i thought it was a sleeping tab. it used to be liquid form and injected by junkies

14. Puddleduck

Puddleduck Funster

We stayed at that site last night as it was handy for my parents and had a reasonable write-up on the website.... We won't be gong back.