Sites/pitches in the Algarve (1 Viewer)

Sep 3, 2014
Eccles, Norfolk
Funster No
MH
American RV A Class
Exp
Since 2004
We have heard that the sites are full on the Algarve already! Does anyone on here know if that's true? We are heading that way with the bus this week and just want a heads up.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
most probably is true . lots do spend oct and november in portugal before crossing to morocco.
there usually is a constant flow of travellers . some will be crossing now if they are going to prolongate their stay to 180days in morocco.
but the next convoy fills the spaces .

maxi77

Free Member
Mar 20, 2013
Kingdom of Fife
Funster No
MH
coacbuilt
Exp
I would have thought they were just emptying, but of course it depends on which site. We are of next week taking a caravan to leave there and our mate who arrived 2 weeks ago say our site is pretty much deserted. Our site has to my knowledge never been 'full' over winter though it is like a sardine tin over the Portuguese summer holiday period. Some of the small aires and moter home parking places can be full if you arrive late in the day or if there is a car boot sale there that day, and in some areas there has been a clampdown on unlicensed places but there should be plenty of space and winter prices on the sites have started so probably 15 euros a day max for full service sites

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Plenty of places if you know where... and NOT at €15 a day :Eeek:

...exploring is an answer...

JJ :cool:

PS. I know some people seem to like to pay for their "sites".

Anyone who ACTUALLY prefers to pay can visit QMJ. ;)

(Not the Algarve though... thank goodness)

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
The aire we are on now has been full , but over the last couple of days alot of gone loads of places ( we are at Falesia ) .

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
We tried numerous times to get into their site at silves but it was full. People waiting at the gate. Doesn't sound good for this year

OP
OP
Julie P
Sep 3, 2014
Eccles, Norfolk
Funster No
MH
American RV A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Thanks, any recommendations this is only our second time in Portugal relatively newbies!

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
We have never had to turn away although we mainly use aires and tolerated places. I think the key is always arrive before lunch but perhaps we've just been lucky.

We are currently in Alvor and there's plenty of room €4.50 pn + €2.50 if you want electric.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
We are on Turiscampo, been here twice before around now and never seen it so full. I was in reception yesterday and a couple were told that there were only a few "small" pitches left. There is constant in and outs but all the snow-birds seem to have arrived early and there is a ton of French here which we hardly ever saw in previous years.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
We are on Turiscampo, been here twice before around now and never seen it so full. I was in reception yesterday and a couple were told that there were only a few "small" pitches left. There is constant in and outs but all the snow-birds seem to have arrived early and there is a ton of French here which we hardly ever saw in previous years.

Looks like the French may not be going to Morocco again.

maxi77

Free Member
Mar 20, 2013
Kingdom of Fife
Funster No
MH
coacbuilt
Exp
Now set up at Camping Armacao de Pera and there is plenty of room here as at the Football club car park. There were a few extra Frogs a couple weeks ago but the seemto have gone and in general it is familiar faces.

OP
OP
Julie P
Sep 3, 2014
Eccles, Norfolk
Funster No
MH
American RV A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Stuck on Spanish motorway at the moment, problem with tyre, thanks everyone for your help and camp site advice

pollensabob

Free Member
Jan 30, 2008
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
7 years
Hope hope you can get it sorted without to much grief, these sort of things always seem to happen in the wrong place and time.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
The Portimão Marina site at Praia da Rocha is now SHUT.

A metal bar has been placed across the entrance.

The 100 odd vans on there now have to leave by Dec 8th.

Sad but true...

JJ :cool:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Yes very true alas...very upsetting for all, campers and management and staff

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Hope there were no statics on there. That's upsetting, been through it ourselves.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Is that a permanent closure at Portimao this time? Recall that this happened last year but it re-opened under new management. Be a shame if it's finished.

OP
OP
Julie P
Sep 3, 2014
Eccles, Norfolk
Funster No
MH
American RV A Class
Exp
Since 2004
It's been sold the sad thing is they started taking monthly payments again this week! Our friends paid for a month on Monday!

OP
OP
Julie P
Sep 3, 2014
Eccles, Norfolk
Funster No
MH
American RV A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Glad we left two weeks ago when things were supposedly ok but the rumours were rife. We really liked it there and would go back if it re-opened. Very sad, our friends are being fobbed off about their money but I think they will leave tomorrow anyway.

Aussie Graphics

Funster
Oct 3, 2014
cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Dont own one yet
Exp
15yrs
The Portimao marina ayres closes Thursday for good. They are clearing the site end of an era. I am heading for Olhao monday

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back