TDH

Jun 22, 2009
Powys/Shropshire border
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Loads
Has anyone stayed anywhere near the lakes to the east of Troyes (Lac du Der-Chantecoq and Lac d'Auzon-Temple)?

Ideally I'd like to wild camp, or possibly use an Aire. Any ideas anyone please?

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
We stayed at Chantecoq last year. From memory, it is west of St Dizier. It was just a big, open space, and there was fresh water and waste and, sa far as I recall, you have about an hour's worth of electric for a euro or two. Right beside it is the huge lake and you can have a lovely walk or bike ride round it. There is also a proper camp site next door where I believe there was a takeaway of some sort. We only stayed there for one night on our way south, following the Rhone but I would be happy to stay there another time.

If you follow round the west side of the Lake, you come to it on your left. :Smile:

Ivy

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
We have stayed at Lac du Der twice. Used a different Aire on each occasion. Both are at Bases Nautique / Leisure centres - one at the northwest of the lake and the other in the south.
Northern one is near St. Marie du Lac 48.60278 N, 4.74923 E
Southern one is at Giffaumont Champaubert 48.55333 N, 4.76694 E

We have also stayed at Lusigny sur Barse near the Lac d'Orient. We stopped in the town square and no-one minded 48.25422 N, 4.26691 E

Also an aire referenced in CC-Infos at the Lac d'Orient at Mesnil St. Pere
48.26278 N, 4.34446 E (not used that one)

Hope this helps.

Philip

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

adriacoral

Free Member
Apr 3, 2011
shropshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2009
hi, we stayed on an aire at lac d'orient, it was very busy and we had the last space next to the services, not a good idea as the waste area was rather smelly! Across the road was the lake,which, last year was closed due to contamination!!! If you take the road around the lake you get to another aire and it is busier still, but the lake has a nice beach!

hope this helps,have fun!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back