Sites Near Southport/blackpool (1 Viewer)

Holly1993

Free Member
Jun 23, 2014
North East England
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm a newbie
As a relative newcomer to motorhoming can anyone recommend a site in the North West, somewhere near Blackpool or Southport during the Summer holidays. I have a 12 year old daughter so need some facilities on site if possible. Any suggestions will be greatly received

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
We recently stayed at Eastham Hall near Lytham. Clean and tidy with an adventure playground but might be too tame for a 12 year old.

There are buses from the site gate into Lytham and trains from Lytham to Blackpool. It's an easy walk from the campsite to Lytham.

Probably nearer (better?) sites but that one was quiet and convenient for us as we needed to be near Lytham.

Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since Dec 2008 after 10 years caravanning
If you want a site thats handy for both places, try Royal Umpire at croston,
its south of preston probably nearer to Southport but easy access to both.

Eric

Lynne Steele

Free Member
Feb 13, 2015
Lleyn peninsula
Funster No
MH
Majestic accordo 125
Exp
4 years
We stayed at caravan club site at Southport, can walk to the lovely town and to the pier. We had a good time, nice clean facilities, friendly wardens

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Royal umpire was a bit run down last time i used it, although shower block was one of the cleanest I have been in, also not a lot there for a 12 YO and a good hours drive from blackpool a bit less to southport (lived in chorley for 30 years) so have a fair idea of the distances. Have stayed at Eastham Hall with my grandsons, but facilities more for younger children. Just realised all I have done is say places which probably wont suit a 12 YO. Hope you find somewhere that suits.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
There is also the Riverside campsite quite close to both ... never been there myself but they have a club house so may be more lively for the young un.... Roy, @tintin08 stayed there last year so if he sees this I am sure he will come on and let you know if it good or not. :)

Dogeared

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 16, 2013
Blackburn
Funster No
MH
Eldiss autoquest 155
Exp
Since 2011
Riverside, is lively to say the least, adult lively at the weekends!. If you are in the CCC there is a nice small site right on the sea front, Waterside, its actually a Sea Scout activity centre. basic decent toilets, shower, close to town centre. If you like the beach, there is a really nice one at Formby, 'Formby Point Caravan Park, not the cheapest, between £18.00 and £20.00 per night. Its half way between Southport and Liverpool. At first it looks out of the way, but a ten minute walk takes you to the bus stop to Formby Village. There are absolutely loads of walks through the sandhills, along the beach and through the woods. Good safe cycling, mostly on the flat.
St Annes Aire is okay, beach, cinema, baths, shops close by. No facilities, but regular buses to Blackpool.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back