Sites Near Southport/blackpool

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Holly1993, May 3, 2015.

1. Holly1993

Holly1993 Read Only Funster

As a relative newcomer to motorhoming can anyone recommend a site in the North West, somewhere near Blackpool or Southport during the Summer holidays. I have a 12 year old daughter so need some facilities on site if possible. Any suggestions will be greatly received

2. Puddleduck

Puddleduck Funster

We recently stayed at Eastham Hall near Lytham. Clean and tidy with an adventure playground but might be too tame for a 12 year old.

There are buses from the site gate into Lytham and trains from Lytham to Blackpool. It's an easy walk from the campsite to Lytham.

Probably nearer (better?) sites but that one was quiet and convenient for us as we needed to be near Lytham.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Holly1993

Holly1993 Read Only Funster

Many thanks for this. I'll have a look at the site online.

4. trekkin

trekkin Read Only Funster

5. gloworm

gloworm Funster

If you want a site thats handy for both places, try Royal Umpire at croston,
    its south of preston probably nearer to Southport but easy access to both.

Eric

6. Lynne Steele

Lynne Steele Funster

We stayed at caravan club site at Southport, can walk to the lovely town and to the pier. We had a good time, nice clean facilities, friendly wardens

7. scotzsue

scotzsue Funster

Royal umpire was a bit run down last time i used it, although shower block was one of the cleanest I have been in, also not a lot there for a 12 YO and a good hours drive from blackpool a bit less to southport (lived in chorley for 30 years) so have a fair idea of the distances. Have stayed at Eastham Hall with my grandsons, but facilities more for younger children. Just realised all I have done is say places which probably wont suit a 12 YO. Hope you find somewhere that suits.

8. movan

movan Funster Life Member

There is also the Riverside campsite quite close to both ... never been there myself but they have a club house so may be more lively for the young un.... Roy, @tintin08 stayed there last year so if he sees this I am sure he will come on and let you know if it good or not. :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Dogeared

Dogeared Funster

Riverside, is lively to say the least, adult lively at the weekends!. If you are in the CCC there is a nice small site right on the sea front, Waterside, its actually a Sea Scout activity centre. basic decent toilets, shower, close to town centre. If you like the beach, there is a really nice one at Formby, 'Formby Point Caravan Park, not the cheapest, between £18.00 and £20.00 per night. Its half way between Southport and Liverpool. At first it looks out of the way, but a ten minute walk takes you to the bus stop to Formby Village. There are absolutely loads of walks through the sandhills, along the beach and through the woods. Good safe cycling, mostly on the flat.
    St Annes Aire is okay, beach, cinema, baths, shops close by. No facilities, but regular buses to Blackpool.

• Like Like x 1