sites in spain for winter

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by slverdreamers, Aug 9, 2011.

1. slverdreamers

slverdreamers Read Only Funster

We are off to Spain for the winter for 3.4 months, leaving 5th Jan thinking of booking for 2 months at bonterra park valencia, as this is an area we have not been to and quite like sound of park from caravan club details and web site. Don't want to go any further south really as have lived and spend a lot of time near marbella. We have only stayed on sites on costa verde
    Suggestions would be welcome, not used to staying that long in one place, but we need to keep the costs down. We plan to meander back through France April/may time
    Travelling Portsmourth Santander, as have costed it and with airmiles and cost of diesel most cost effective

• Like Like x 1
  2. Teasy2007

Teasy2007 Funster

That's just what we are planning, except we will be travelling through France. We would be very interested in any sites funsters can recommend.

Ginny and Mike

• Like Like x 1
  3. billy&val

billy&val

We stayed at Bonterra Park last winter i'ts a very good site with a mix of Dutch an German
    campers who all get on pretty well. There's a Mercadona right outside the gate and
    Lidl just up the road so you have no worrys about shopping.
    There's a loverly beach that's a short stroll from the campsite (about 10 min) with a
    loverly prom, the town again is about 10 min walk with lots of tapas bars very nice there.
    The site gets very full over the winter so would pre book if you can to avoid dissapointment
    as it is very popular I hope this helps.

Billy & Val

4. tonka

tonka Funster Life Member

Bonterra park is nice. But I dont think I could spend much time there.
    If you want somewhere a bit different,,
    http://www.campingaltomira.com/01_principal.php?lang=EN
    Just off the A23 heading out of Valencia.

We have only stayed here 1 night while coming back from Benidorm last November BUT got chatting to a couple of Brits who went there over a few years and they commented about the prices.. If you look at the website they do JAN and FEB for 180euro a month inc electric.. NOTE.. It is a hilly site so you need strong legs :Smile:

5. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

No mention of The Spanish Job - Marjal !

6. Teasy2007

Teasy2007 Funster

The meet at Marjal is in March I think, we want somewhere to stay Jan/Feb, then Marjal then back up to Santa Suzanna for April-May.

Mike has COPD and last winter was very hard for him so we have decided that we ought to winter where it is warm - the warmer the better!!

Ginny

7. Teasy2007

Teasy2007 Funster

I have just looked at Bontera Park - the prices are very confusing!! Any idea how much it costs for 30 days, Motorhome, 2 adults and 2 dogs??

Ginny

8. peter marshall

peter marshall

Hi They do take ACSI good site we are there in April for 7 weeks very handy for every thing. Pete :thumb:

9. madbluemad

madbluemad

Try Cap Blanch in Albir, Costa Blanca.

We didnt like Bonterra Park.

Jim
    :Smile:

10. kinsleyboy

kinsleyboy Read Only Funster

Sorry to hijack your thread but can I ask why you didn't like Bonterra Park please Jim.
    And why recommend Cap Blanch?
    I've not been to either so I'm interested for possible future trips?

• Like Like x 1
  11. mondo

mondo Read Only Funster

On our Spanish oddyssey a couple of years ago..we were going to stay at Bonterra Park but when we tried to book we were told sorry full up that was at the beginning of February..so booking is advisable..However we stayed at Camping El Eden in Peniscola it's in The ACSI book..good discounts for long stays...good facilities...easy walk into town market on a Monday many different stalls...lots of good restaurants...beach is 100metres away..good mix of Dutch German Scandinavians and Brits campers
    We had a trip down to Bonterra Park one day with some friends..glad we stayed in Peniscola...just seemed to be a lot of concrete there...El Eden was a lot greener and more open in it's aspect!!

12. slverdreamers

campt sites in spain

Caravan quote motorhome and 2 people incl elec at£9.24 not sure how much for dogs
    Glynis

13. madbluemad

madbluemad

Bonterra Park seemed too regimented. I think the whole of Holland was there at the time. It was very clique. The staff weren't particularly pleasant. The gale force wind along the front never seemed to stop and the place felt very sterile. It did have a very good pool.

Cap Blanch has a much better feel to it with a lot more of a varied nationality there. Its just across the road from the beach with plenty of space to walk along the front without the wind.

There are plenty of shops, restaurants, bars and café's and the railway station is just up the road for away day trips. The staff are excellent.

There is no pool at Cap Blanch.

This is just my opinion you understand,

Jim
    :Smile:

14. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Warmer the better has to be Morocco.

You've not put yourselves down for Marjal ( page 26 of the thread has the current list ) but the discount booking is available until Dec.

15. Sundowners

Sundowners Funster Life Member

Quite a few Funsters are spending the winter at Zahora - can't remember the name of the site, a lot of them were there last year, so can't be too bad - if you want more information send Bryan or Suzy a pm, they can give you more information - We will be heading that way after spending Christmas and New Year in Portugal with friends.

Nigel and Pamala

16. Stephen & Jeannie

Stephen & Jeannie Read Only Funster

Can't wait !!

That's where I am going ! Travelling (meandering slowly) late November through France from Calais arriving at Zahora early December !! Hola !!!!:Rofl1: :Rofl1::thumb: :thumb:

17. Rayb182

Rayb182 Funster Life Member

see you all there then, we driving thru France, via Dunkerque early December, its adviseable to book campsite, all those there last year had to leave a deposit:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

18. Teasy2007

Teasy2007 Funster

Hi, that looks good, but what was the weather like in Jan/February, we thought we would have to go a lot further south to enjoy warmth and sun.

Has anyone stayed near Benidorm over winter?

Ginny and Mike

19. slverdreamers

Looked at this site, but my husband is disabled and has difficulty walking, so not for us for a long stay thanks anyway
    Glynis

20. alan

alan Funster

Benicassim

Benicassim is a very nice place to spend a bit of time in winter and there are two sites Bonterra and Azahar and they both take accsi cards,
    Azahar is nearer to the beach but is scruffier and less formal and there is also a cheap site in the next village north ,camping Didota at Marina Dor Its a typical spanish site on the seafront and it also takes accsi 11 euros a night and 9 euros if you stay 30 days with electric and free internet access on there own computers.
    We've spent a month or so in Benicassim for the last few years but we've usually free camped and left before december as we found it started to get to cold at night, lots of people stay there for the whole whole winter so its probably us just being being picky.
    If you can cycle there is a fantastic cycle route along the old railway track around the coast
    and there is also a decent market on thursdays
    hope this is helpfull
    Alan:thumb: