site recomendation near Pitlochry? (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
Hubby is going to do the Etape Caledonia Cycle Race in May. We will be looking for a site near to Pilochry to stay whilst we are there. Any recomendations?

kaspian

Free Member
Aug 16, 2009
bonnie Scotland
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
9 months and counting!
Blair Castle caravan park -only about 8 miles north of Pitlochry but must be one of the best kept parks in fantastic surroundings of the Blair Atholl Estate. Stayed there loads of times and can recommend it!:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dave'N'Mags

Free Member
Apr 17, 2009
Funster No
Id certainly recommend Blair Castle - we stayed there several times when we had the caravan. Bit on the expensive side, but lovely site, and a couple of nice hotel bars within walking distance as I recall.

Last year though - our first year with the motorhome - I read somewhere (cant remember where) that the pay & display car park in Pitlochry itself was good for wildcamping. So we parked up there on the Saturay night, on our way home from Durness. Bit of noise as people were making their way home, but we werent disturbed by anyone. Nice to have a drink in the town, and a decent Indian meal, without having to worry about driving back to site.

Dont think we had to pay for the overnight parking either, but I could be wrong.

Id recommend it for a night or two.

:thumb:

Dave'N'Mags

Free Member
Apr 17, 2009
Funster No
I can understand that. In that case give Blair Castle a try.

Theres also Inver Mill Caravan Park further south down the A9 just outside Dunkeld. Stayed there for a night about 6 or 7 years ago. Nice and quiet, and within walking distance of Dunkeld itself. Couple of decent pubs for bar meals if I remember.

Beautiful area. Enjoy.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hubby is going to do the Etape Caledonia Cycle Race in May. We will be looking for a site near to Pilochry to stay whilst we are there. Any recomendations?

If you going that far goodness sake do the job properly and go as far as Grantown on Spey. Up The Whisky Trail. You won't regret it, it's as good as it gets in the UK.

Call in here:
Link Removed

He's not one of these daft people who have two wheels without an engine is, I think we can offer some improvements there.

alan1949

Free Member
Sep 11, 2009
Funster No
Camping pitlochery

theres a camp site about 3 qrts mile north of pitlochery had a look see when i was
up there coach driving looks nice site on river.:Smile:alan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back