site next to Norfolk Broads? (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
Does anyone know of a site next to the Norfolk Broads?
We want to meet up with some friends who have a boat on the river.
In the past we have camped at Ludham Bridge which is a Caravan Club members only site and we are no longer members, it's a bit expensive to join for just a couple of nights!

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
The is one called The White House, not far from the canal near barwick? I believe - not sure if that is local to where you are planning to meet or not - but nice, basic site nearby shops about 1/2 mile away. Horse and groom in rollesby up the road a few miles, and boat hire is across the road if I am totally out with my norfolk geography!:ROFLMAO:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Not a site but a pub by the River Yare, The Beauchamp Arms ,no hook up, probably be no charge if you buy beer or food , tel 01508 480247 and ask for Peter or Roy

Cupcake

Free Member
Apr 13, 2010
Norfolk Broads
Funster No
Exp
since July 2009
Rainbowchasers are correct on the site White House Farm which is on the A149 at Repps cum Bastwick (I pass it everyday to & from work). Its a few minutes walk from the river at Potter Heigham. Another site is Willowcroft camping & caravan site which is off the main road and really close to the river another site near the river is Bureside at Oby. It also depends on where your friends will be in their boat as to the best site for you. I live near Ludham so if you want any further info or I can help in anyway please ask! :Smile:

Deborah

OP
OP
jaygee
Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
Thanks for all your help - we've plumped for Bureside Caravan Park at Oby - £15 per night and has a slipway into the river + 24hr mooring alongside the river for our friends.
A second choice was The Dog Inn at Ludham which is not too far from the river by the bridge, it's a nice pub and they charge £8 per night but no facilities.
Lets hope the wether holds for a couple of days so hubby can get out in his canoe!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
Have a lovely weekend in Norfolk, not sure what the weather is supposed to do over the bank holiday because we are escaping to Cardiff.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back