Site near or at Silverstone Race Circuit. Help please (1 Viewer)

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
All,
Our lad is running a half-marathon at the above circuit on Sunday 15th March for a cancer charity. Have decided to make an overnight of it and take the MH.

Obviously, we want to get on, or very close to the circuit. Looked up two sites that fit the bill, one doesn't answer and another (Whittlebury Park Campsite) want £48 for Sat and Sun but we only want to stay one night.

Anybody got any other ideas or recommendations please? Must be near the circuit for the lad to be able to collapse into the van!

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Stayed at whittlebury park for British SuperBikes OK to walk in if the perimeter fence gates are open but a pain if not, best to drive to their car park, you might even be able to overnight in the circuit if you ask.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Silverstone has it's own very good site, whether it will be open for this I don't know.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
wingman

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Thanks guys.

@funflair How far is the walk to the circuit if the gates are closed? They say it's 2 minutes!!!

The site at the circuit (Woodlands) is the one that I can't seem to get a reply from. Their phone diverts to the circuit number who don't know much and can't book the site. So, I've emailed them. Whittlebury Park was ok, but 48 quid seemed steep.
Will have to swallow it if that's all there is

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
@wingman if you have to walk to the main entrance it's at least 45 minutes if not an hour and involves fields, fences and nettles and you have to find your own way.

The campsite to perimeter fence would be a good 15 minutes unless you were right in one of the top fields that are only open for F1, then it might be 2 minutes if you run but then it's a long way depending where you want to be in the circuit. For racing weekends the camping put on a shuttle bus to one of the perimeter gates but you would need to check for this event.

I would say stay anywhere you fancy but drive to the circuit.

When we were there I found the circuit totally useless, we got there Friday afternoon and had to pick up tickets at the circuit front gate so could not get in any perimeter gates as no ticket, by the time we got to the front gate which most likely took us an hour as we got lost in the industrial estate the racing was still on but the ticket office had closed up and gone home. I had to do it again the next morning when they opened.

Might be worth contacting the race organisers.

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Woodlands is normally only open for a few events a year, the woodlands Facebook page is sometimes a good source of info. The Silverstone rally school is near the main entrance, if they are near enough, you could ask them if you can overnight.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 8, 2013
CHESTER
Funster No
MH
Hymer 544
Exp
Since 2006
Hi, we have stopped at the stratton arms pub in turweston a few times. The pub is close to silverstone (not sure of exact distance) The owner was trying to set up as a cl last time we were there.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back