site near knowsley (1 Viewer)

Apr 7, 2008
based in North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki 650
Exp
11yrs
Wondered if anybody knows of sites near Liverpool, going to be working at John Lennon airport for a week from next week but would like to visit knowsley safari park while in area. Need to accomodate a 34ft RV

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Not much round there as you are approaching Indian country.
Do you have a toad? there are sites on the Wirral,across the river,but there is a toll of £1.40 each way. If you are working normal hours there is a good public transport to the airport by train and bus.
Are you working as part of a major project can you not see if your vehicle could be parked up on site?

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
As bigfoot said ther isn't much around knowsley, if anything.

Southport is your closest location and its really not that far away from the airport. I very, very much doubt that you will be able to park at the airport. Its difficult enough with a car.

The Wirral is to far away and its a mare of a drive at peak times. There are restrictions on what can travel through the tunnels. Ive seen a couple of m/h's but not an RV.

For example trucks cant use the tunnels. I'm sure the toll fee is higher for even a van so you would be paying out a few squid a week on tunnel tolls but just give them a ring.

If I were you I would search for somewhere on the Liverpool side of Southport.

There is one that we stayed at last year that is in easy sriking distance of Liverpool and the airport. I will do a search and try to find it.

Cheers
Jim
:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Hi John
Didnt read your post correctley. I thought you were looking for a site in Knowsley. I still woudnt reccomend travelling everyday to and from Liverpool Airport from the Wirral.

Once your around the outskirts of Liverpool Knowsley Safari Park isnt far but mind your wing mirrors and radio arial.:Eeek:

We stayed a the Riverside in Southport but you can get closer to the Airport with a google search.

Forget the Indian Country stuff, thats just material for stand up comedians who cant tell a decent joke.

Cheers
Jim
:Smile:

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Anything is permitted through the tunnels Artics cannot use the Queensway,Birkenhead tunnel and double deckers have to use the middle lane in Queensway. Larger vehicles use the Wallasey,Kingsway tunnel,which is a continuation of the M53.
Toll for rvs and motorhomes is the same £1.40 it is a confusing tariff mainly based on the number of belted seats. I take my Autro Trail Scout through on £1.40. Use the auto booths to avoid thicko jobsworths.
Riverside lodge in Southport is a short walk from the railway station which will take you,on the Northern line, within a short bus ride of the airport.
Another very nice site,if you have a toad is Abbey Farm Dark Lane nr. Ormskirk.

Last edited:

bevo

Free Member
Nov 15, 2008
north west
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
knowsley

i was born and bred in prescot, which is where the safari park is.
i wouldn't camp anywhere near it.(even the lions wont venture out at night)
southport sounds the safest bet, there is a superb caravan club site there.
train station goes directly into liverpool,with good connections to the airport.
you can buy daily or weekly passes for on the trains and buses so it would be fairly economical.
good luck.

live long and prosper:Smile::winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back