Nov 27, 2011
Northampton
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
newbie again
Hi All
we have just returned from our very first christmas / new year trip in the south of Spain, ::bigsmile:(now back at work :Sad:)
what are your expectations and requirements when you reach your location (area) and the site for your holidays

I know every one is different but it would be nice to hear what different people expect

regards
Carol

dj motormouth

Free Member
Nov 26, 2011
England
Funster No
MH
RV A Class
Exp
since 2011
For us hardstanding is a must, certainly at this time of the year.

The other thing that I would love to find, which would probably be on grass, is a pitch with a lovely view. Ideally overloking the sea. Lots of sites overlook the sea, but the pitches themselves do not.

Michael

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Spacerunner

Free Member
Apr 7, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
We take them as they come. Variety is everything and one of the main attractions for this lifestyle.

Not knocking the two main clubs but would have given up decades ago if all sites were like them.
We've camped on all sorts of sites from the all singing and dancing mega-sites to behind a barn on a windswept mountain, from a sandy beach to a busy town centre.
They all have pluses and minuses but most of all there own character.

DesRes

Free Member
Apr 21, 2012
West Lancs
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 1990 ish...
A decent space between pitches and somewhere to dump the garbage.:Smile:
The garbage thing may sound odd but we stayed on a UK site a few years ago and in the early evening I wandered all around this place with my full binbag looking for the garbage bins. Gave up in the end and asked the owner the next morning. "Don't provide that" was the reply but he helpfully gave me directions to the nearest council tip...:thumb:

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
You wont find many grassy pitches on the Med coast of Spain. BUSBY.

OP
OP
missbusybusy

missbusybusy

Free Member
Nov 27, 2011
Northampton
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
newbie again
thanks for the comments, we are not sure if we expect to much or to little from a site It may sound strange but if you put all the good things together that you like would that make the perfect site !!

I suppose that you can always expect and want more !!

we like
quiet
decent size pitch
the sun (if possible)
Clean toilets, showers and washing up facilities
EHU
Competent staff
Level ground
Somewhere to walk and to cycle,
Pub or resturant close by
Bins !!

not bothered about
On site activities
Shops
Swimming pools
Tennis courts etc

Parcverger

Funster - Campsite Owner
Aug 13, 2007
Parc Verger - Limousin
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
8 years
thanks for the comments, we are not sure if we expect to much or to little from a site It may sound strange but if you put all the good things together that you like would that make the perfect site !!

I suppose that you can always expect and want more !!

Couldn't resist checking out Parc Verger against your checklist......

we like
quiet : Yes!
decent size pitch : Yes!
the sun (if possible) : We’ll get on our knees…..
Clean toilets, showers and washing up facilities : Yes!
EHU : Yes, 16A
Competent staff : Yes! (what else would you expect me to say?)
No trees : sorry, we do have some little ones! (Some guests do like shade)
Level ground : level hardstanding pitches – will that do?
Somewhere to walk and to cycle : 100m to an old railway line with a tarmac surface
Pub or resturant close by : Dino's ”Pizzas to die for” (per other Funsters) and other menus.
Bins !! : No problem!

not bothered about
On site activities : hardly any, though some guests have been known to organise the odd game of boules
Shops : none of these (though we do stock wine & beer in case you run out):thumb:
Swimming pools : OK, we confess to having a 6m circular one but you do not have to use it!::bigsmile:
Tennis courts etc : Never!

You missed : Value for money 10% Funster discount - cheaper than ACSI's 16€ rate!

Is that good enough? Then when are you coming?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bob
www.parcverger.com

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
My requirements re your list, I am easily pleased:Smile:

we like
quiet
decent size pitch
the sun (if possible) Yes definitely
[STRIKE]Clean toilets, showers and washing up facilities
EHU
Competent staff[/STRIKE]
Location - most important
[STRIKE]No trees[/STRIKE]
Level ground
Somewhere to walk[STRIKE] and to cycle,[/STRIKE]
[STRIKE]Pub or resturant close by[/STRIKE]
Bins !!

not bothered about
On site activities
Shops
Swimming pools
Tennis courts etc
Toilets/showers
EHU

OP
OP
missbusybusy

missbusybusy

Free Member
Nov 27, 2011
Northampton
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
newbie again
Parcverger it looks good we just might make it to you this year ::bigsmile:

all those views and only a few responses :Sad: I was hoping I would learn a few things :Blush:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Well there are a lot of us that don't use sites. A motorhome is self contained so things like toilets/showers, washing up area etc are throwbacks to camping days and not really necessary. Most are happy with a quiet level site, waste/rubbish disposal point, a decent phone and TV signal, both terrestrial and sat and maybe some wifi or a good 3g signal. Most CL's have all of these things and suit even more people. In addition most have excellent bird/wildlife watching, dog walking etc. we are all different and expect different things some cannot survive without hardstanding, EHU and a restaurant. Thanks goodness we are all different or our favourite places would always be full.:thumb::thumb:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Well if I'm gonna pay to stay on a site , given that it's brill weather, the main reason would be a swimming pool. I like the beach, but not really keen on swimming in cold sea.

And of course having paid for it, I'm gonna use the facilties, that is to say the loos and the showers, and the bread delivery. Maybe the occasional drink by the pool, but not interested in bars or restaurants or bingo or water aerobics or playgrounds or doq walking areas or or or. If EHU is included we'll use it - ditto wifi occasionally, maybe. No telly. And if it isn't naturist and peaceful and beautiful, we wouldn't be on it anyway. Oh - boules pitch, occasionally.

But!! you can easily play boules on an aire. Mostly.

So there isn't much point is there? we may as well stay on the aire and walk to the naturist beach. And that's what we do a lot of the time. Or go into the hinterland, stay near a town/village we fancy the look of and want to explore or a nearby attraction - grottes, cathedral, castle ruins, museum, whatever it is - and go and have a look at them. We'll sometimes see a brocante along the way and spend the day at that place, that we've never heard of and hadn't intended to - everywhere has something to offer to amuse - if your eyes and brain are open to it !

OP
OP
missbusybusy

missbusybusy

Free Member
Nov 27, 2011
Northampton
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
newbie again
Great replies, Hubby loves nothing more than a nice quiet site with a good walk to a local bar, But also we have had some great days at various aires, and wild camped in very remote places I like a variety depending on what we are away for and where we are going

If you were full time what would you prefer a site to have ?

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
And if it isn't naturist and peaceful and beautiful, we wouldn't be on it anyway. Oh - boules pitch, occasionally.

But!! you can easily play boules on an aire. Mostly.

So there isn't much point is there? we may as well stay on the aire and walk to the naturist beach. And that's what we do a lot of the time.

Hi Jenny, we're keen naturists and enjoy exploring all the many different locations in France, usually staying designated campsites. However, would be very interested to learn about any aires you can recommend within easy walking distance of a naturist beach.

Thanks, Mike :thumb:

OP
OP
missbusybusy

missbusybusy

Free Member
Nov 27, 2011
Northampton
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
newbie again
'mikebeaches' we are definitely not in to naturist sites !!:Blush:

I think you need to start your own thread for that one :Smile:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I think a lot depends on what you think you have booked and what vision you get from the website if they have one.

What makes a perfect site for us well that depends on what mood we are in :ROFLMAO: When we go to France we tend to use Aires and sites as we have a 15 year old and got to remember its her holiday also and sometimes when you go to these big sites it can be more relaxing as a parent as the kids tend to make friends so gives you time to sit back and watch her have fun.

There again our daughter loves some of the Aires we have visited and when you ask her what her favourite site is she mentions a couple of aires :ROFLMAO:

When it comes to the uk we tend to go for quiet sites near a pub just for the food though :ROFLMAO: and with transport in to town or city if we want to visit, one of our favourite little sites is one Ken (Muncie) told us about, lovely little cl easy walk to pub and loads of lovely walks for dog. We have used it now about 10 times as its only just over an hour away.

We do expect them to be clean though no matter if its a farmers field or a fancy site if they have facilities then they should be clean, as for Bob at Par Verger we visited him for the night on way to Sarlat and have to say the place was spotless and views stunning my only criticism is it rained the day we where there but Bob has promised to fix that next time :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Mikebeaches, I will PM you.

Shame really cos the one in partic I'm thinking about also has excellent textile beaches and all sorts of other things the OP might really like, but that's her loss, not ours! Wouldn't want to upset anyone's delicate sensibilities would we?

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Gunner29

Free Member
May 24, 2012
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Javea

If you want all of the above ( less for the naturist bit) come to Javea
good size pitches, quiet but friendly and I incl the Germans. Cheap Wi Fi Boules and tennis, Christian group, good walks to the port, old town and beach at Arenal. we love it.:thumb:

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
Mikebeaches, I will PM you.

Shame really cos the one in partic I'm thinking about also has excellent textile beaches and all sorts of other things the OP might really like, but that's her loss, not ours! Wouldn't want to upset anyone's delicate sensibilities would we?

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Well she did ask, and you gave her an honest and informative reply. :winky::roflmto:

John

OP
OP
missbusybusy

missbusybusy

Free Member
Nov 27, 2011
Northampton
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
newbie again
If you want all of the above ( less for the naturist bit) come to Javea
good size pitches, quiet but friendly and I incl the Germans. Cheap Wi Fi Boules and tennis, Christian group, good walks to the port, old town and beach at Arenal. we love it.
sounds very nice we will have a look

Well she did ask, and you gave her an honest and informative reply.
ha ha John no doubt You would have loved the Guy with the Semi on parading down the Beach at Cabopino ::bigsmile:

Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years

"ha ha John no doubt You would have loved the Guy with the Semi on parading down the Beach at Cabopino" ::bigsmile:

I am sorry you seem to have such a jaundiced view of naturism.

We as naturists do not condone that sort of behaviour and he would very soon know the feelings of other naturists on many of the beachs we frequent.

Pete

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Nice naturist beach at Javea, so my naturist mate in Cornwall tells me, they're probably retiring there so we'll go and visit if they do.

Think there's a great big one at Zahora isn't there? El Palmar, is it?

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Thought so Marie, rumoured to be the best one in Europe at that.

And that is fairly understandable, even within the confines of a naturist club, peopled entirely only by card-carrying naturists - nudity isn't compulsory! Esp when it's blowing a hooley or you happen to be chain-sawing. :roflmto:

JayDee - I agree - two of everything down the outside and one of everything up the middle (well - the visible bits anyhow) Unless anyone knows different? :ROFLMAO:

Beaches are just like anywhere else you might go ever - if you don't like the behaviour of people there, well, you mark it down to experience, tell your friends how horrible it was and just don't go again, do you?

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi Jenny, we're keen naturists and enjoy exploring all the many different locations in France, usually staying designated campsites. However, would be very interested to learn about any aires you can recommend within easy walking distance of a naturist beach.

Thanks, Mike :thumb:

Mimizan Plage Aire .. huge aire behind the sand dunes.. can accommodate the biggest motorhome.. about 150 places.. right on the beach .. which is naturist ..

no time limit, you can stay as long as you wish, the Police issue weekly tickets ..

details and map

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=207590977793691629247.00045c1ab0c50bf957c9d&msa=0&ll=45.116177,-0.675659&spn=3.205652,8.453979&iwloc=00045c1b874d79c2a44be

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Cheers Jim - aires book says 50 spaces LOL

We haven't been on that bit of coast at all funnily enough - was saying this to Mike. In my case, a lot more to do with pine woods and being bitten when you have to walk through them to get to the beach - cos they like me! but Mimizan looks OK for that.

Just a cross you have to bear when you're a beach bunny - but once eaten alive - twice avoid in like the plague ! :roflmto:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Cheers Jim - aires book says 50 spaces LOL

We haven't been on that bit of coast at all funnily enough - was saying this to Mike. In my case, a lot more to do with pine woods and being bitten when you have to walk through them to get to the beach - cos they like me! but Mimizan looks OK for that.

Just a cross you have to bear when you're a beach bunny - but once eaten alive - twice avoid in like the plague ! :roflmto:

well, never actually counted them.. :roflmto:

but if you zoom right in you can see at least 100 .. maybe more.. in any case.. it's big.. nice drive over dump points, toilets and an outdoor shower.. handy after a day on the beach nude sun-bathing :thumb:

great aire and close to local shops.. it's one of our favourites, I know quite a few who winter-over there..

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back