Free Member
Aug 29, 2010
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since August 2010
Probably off to the Shepton Mallet on Sunday, and something we are still looking to buy for the MH, are a couple of chairs.

Are there any pro's and cons regarding "Rigid" chairs versus the ones that fold up and pack away in their own little napsacks?

I realise the fold-ups are lighter and take up less room, however, I reckon I could fit two rigids in the latrine, and hold them in place with a couple of Bungees.

Any advice from the Funsters would be gratefully received.:thumb:

Mixter

Free Member
Dec 2, 2009
Keighley, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Now a year - cant believe it!
I suppose you have more chance of scraping and catching stuff with rigid chairs, as you move them about. Unless, you are happy to sit in the latrine.:roflmto:

bigfish

Free Member
May 20, 2009
Eastleigh, Hants
Funster No
Exp
8 years, but had caravans & Tents before that
fold up moonchairs / with or without foot rest about 30squid each
each, tried loads of others but find these the best.:thumb:

hopefully going to show as well, as pans for weekend changed
so now have free time.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Probably off to the Shepton Mallet on Sunday, and something we are still looking to buy for the MH, are a couple of chairs.

Are there any pro's and cons regarding "Rigid" chairs versus the ones that fold up and pack away in their own little napsacks?

I realise the fold-ups are lighter and take up less room, however, I reckon I could fit two rigids in the latrine, and hold them in place with a couple of Bungees.

Any advice from the Funsters would be gratefully received.:thumb:

I also would appreciate thoughts on the concertina type chairs, I have a couple of Lafuma folding chairs and they are awkward to manouver and stack within my MH. I have seen a few different types of concertina ones but they don't appear to be very robust. :thumb:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I wont say how heavy I am
Surfice to say acording to the body mass index i should be 8ft 7"
I think for all round useability the aluminium and fabric Directors chairs with little table attached fair the best, very rigid, light and versatile
Two types seem to be available but at first glance look identical.
The ones to go for have the back fabric and seat fabric joined by another piece of the same stuff at about where the base of your spine will be when seated
those without that extra piece are a tad cheaper but offer less support
Geo

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
We have two types of folding ones, but I think the only way to know is to sit on it and if it's comfy for you guess what that's the one.

hope this helps a bit

Rick & Rosie.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
got to agree with Geo, we have both directors chairs (prefered) and 'big boy' fold outs...the legs, base and back fold to form a 'stick' for storage in a cylindical bag.

ask any show-going funster about my directors "drinking" chair.....folding table at one side, seven pockets at the other...each one big enough for a bottle of lager :roflmto::thumb:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Fold up ones seem to takeva lot of space

Even in an rv we find the up Royale take up a lot of space.. The square type fold to halfs together seem to work better..and i am bigger than Geo... The other sort are hard to get out.

But you need to try them...

Bob:Blush:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
we have the directors chairs as well and that little table is handy for your drink when you all get together at a meet. They fold up and they are not heavy to carry around. I found the moon chairs too low for me when it came to getting up again out of them

OP
OP
Swisstony

Swisstony

Free Member
Aug 29, 2010
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since August 2010
I wont say how heavy I am
Surfice to say acording to the body mass index i should be 8ft 7"
I think for all round useability the aluminium and fabric Directors chairs with little table attached fair the best, very rigid, light and versatile
Two types seem to be available but at first glance look identical.
The ones to go for have the back fabric and seat fabric joined by another piece of the same stuff at about where the base of your spine will be when seated
those without that extra piece are a tad cheaper but offer less support
Geo

Is this the sort of thing you mean?

Link Removed

PS Thanks for the input guy's.:thumb:

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
Is this the sort of thing you mean?

Link Removed

PS Thanks for the input guy's.:thumb:

We have two of those and find them comfy as we both have back injuries, some chairs raise my thighs higher than my backside when sitting in them they put pressure on my back after a very short time.

All the best Rick

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back