Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
A lot of posts make reference to our sister site. What does that mean. I know its RVOC but whats it got to do with Motorhome Fun.

Whats the point in running two seperate web sites when one will do the job. Why would I need to hop over to RVOC to talk about my RV.

It doesnt make sense.

Jim
:Smile:

OP
OP
M

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Hi Jim it was started by Jim ::bigsmile: too many Jims

It does can a bit confusing cant it. I think I'm a member of it but even so. Whats the point of it, especially if its being run by Jim.

There's nothing on there that you cant find on here.
Jim
:roflmto:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
It just gives RVers somewhere to play that is specific to ALL RVs, Motorhomes, 5th Wheels, Travel trailers etc.

It's a separate site and can be joined without joining FUN, though many are members of both.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Ok.. sounds a reasonable question, but let me ask one back ( somewhat rhetorical but still )..
I help run something called Bikers Oracle .. We have 62 subsections for different types of bike.. Should they all be lumped in to one ?

Whilst RV's come under the general umbrella of a house on wheels, they are completely different in all bar the basics to motorhomes, even the basics such as toilet issues are so different as to be virtually a subject on their own !

I for one am grateful that I can go to RVOC and get info on RV's or go to MHFun where I can get info about motorhomes

Yes, of course there are some cross over points but given the massive popularity of this forum I suspect the info would end up getting so watered down as to make it difficult to get info required without doing searches etc. Indeed, there may also be considerable confusion to those less knowledgeable about what is what and when a reply relates to an RV or motorhome..

Remember, a lot of folks are new to either genre .. for us, the 'old hands' it all falls in to place, but imagine a newcomer asking about toilet dumps, and spending the next few days looking for a pump and switch ( all the time crossing his legs and getting some lovely coutryfied smells from his rather full cassette !!

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Simple really. Some prefer to be in an RV Only Club. If I had not formed that club they would have gone to one of the other RV clubs that exist and we may have lost them, forming the RVOC gave them the best of both worlds, strong links to Fun and their rallies but an RV only platform. That they have since gone on and now run their own rallies shows that small niche sites are popular. They are not sisters really, its just that I am the owner of both.

OP
OP
M

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
It just gives RVers somewhere to play that is specific to ALL RVs, Motorhomes, 5th Wheels, Travel trailers etc.

It's a separate site and can be joined without joining FUN, though many are members of both.

Yes, I think I'm a member of it but haven't been there for ages. My point is, where's the sense in it. You can be as specific as you like on this site. There's no obvious need for RVOC.
Jim

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Yes there is,RV info and expertise of shall we say a richer close handed nature
It's main function is to give new RVers a place to find help and advise from a dedicated RV forum
Believe it or not many American fans and RVers looking for advise glaze over at the very mention of a Eurobox after getting a bad reception from "Most" other motrorhoming forums
RVOC is a dedicated site
We even let Winniebagle owners join
It is a different atmosphere a smaller group and equally as friendly as FUN
Most are members of both
Long live them Both:thumb:
Geo

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Yes there is,RV info and expertise of shall we say a richer close handed nature
It's main function is to give new RVers a place to find help and advise from a dedicated RV forum
Believe it or not many American fans and RVers looking for advise glaze over at the very mention of a Eurobox after getting a bad reception from "Most" other motrorhoming forums
RVOC is a dedicated site
Geo

I gave you a like dispite the above:Angry::ROFLMAO:

thehutchies

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
The Wheelèd Shed
Funster No
MH
Exp
Yes, I think I'm a member of it but haven't been there for ages. My point is, where's the sense in it. You can be as specific as you like on this site. There's no obvious need for RVOC.
Jim

But then there's no obvious need for MotorhomeFun as we could all use a general camping forum.

Along with cycle campers, bivvyers, snow-hole diggers, Provost owners, teardrop caravanners, twin axle caravanners, fulltimers, round-the-world tourers and occasional weekenders.

There are general forums for those who chat generally, and specific forums for those who chat specifically. :Smile:

OP
OP
M

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Well, that's the best excu err reason thats been posted so I'll go with that. Geo's post I mean.
Jim
::bigsmile:

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
But then there's no obvious need for MotorhomeFun as we could all use a general camping forum.

Along with cycle campers, bivvyers, snow-hole diggers, Provost owners, teardrop caravanners, twin axle caravanners, fulltimers, round-the-world tourers and occasional weekenders.

There are general forums for those who chat generally, and specific forums for those who chat specifically. :Smile:

Now don't be a silly billy.
Jim
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
RVOC is a dedicated site
Most are members of both
Geo

Careful young Geo. Remember I lurk on this site as well as RVOC, don't think you can spit out your vile slander in safety over here. Broken Link Removed

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Simple really. Some prefer to be in an RV Only Club. If I had not formed that club they would have gone to one of the other RV clubs that exist and we may have lost them, forming the RVOC gave them the best of both worlds, strong links to Fun and their rallies but an RV only platform. That they have since gone on and now run their own rallies shows that small niche sites are popular. They are not sisters really, its just that I am the owner of both.

Were Not Sisters:Eeek:
You means were illigitamate:whatthe::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::Doh:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Being a Winnebago owner

RVOC is a dedicated site
Most are members of both
Geo

Being a Winnebago owner...... and proud of it.. If you were on RVOC you would see the insults us poor Winnebago owners have to endure.. I am on both sites under the same name.. just checked I have over 3600 posts on RVOC and 3100 on MHF.. so I post on both. I must admit RVOC is great if you want mainly technical or RV related, although these days a lot of jokes seem to be taking over the site. I like MHF for the varied areas it covers.. while I do not mind the odd joke, I do not want every other post to be one. I like debate and I get that on MHF..plenty of it... I have friends on both sites that I meet up with at shows.. I tend to park up with other American RV's just due to some of the issues.. such as running the generator that powers a lot of equipment. But having said that I also park up with european motorhomes. While I have been to meets of just RV's I still prefer the mix of the various european and American RV's that we get at many of the shows, like Peterborough, Newbury and Malvern.

If I need information on an issue on my RV I can ask others that own RV's... if I want to just talk other issues then MHF meets my needs. It costs me ÂŁ15 a year to belong to both sites. But while there are American heading in MHF sand I do post under the headings, I mainly do the 'American' thing on RVOC... But these days it is the debate in the Ushaped lounge I really enjoy.. plus when people join MHF they tend to post, on RVOC you get a lot of ghosts that join but do not post... strange.. but I have the best of both worlds.

Bob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
watch-out Rick if Buttons see's your avatar you will set him off

Thats what I love about both these sites you can have a bloody good laugh and people don't take offence :thumb:

Thanks for the laugh

All the best Rick

Watch out Rick, if Button see's your avatar you will set him off on his anti RV posts, almost as bad as his shaggy dog tails.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bob

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I spend time reading and posting on both sites and have been to meets organised from either. Loads of info on both and in my opinion there is a specific need for both, a real asset :thumb:

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
Watch out Rick, if Button see's your avatar you will set him off on his anti RV posts, almost as bad as his shaggy dog tails.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bob

In all fairness I don't think I have ever seen an anti RV post from Buttons or any one else come to that.

All the best Rick

OP
OP
M

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
So lets be clear about this. You all reckon I'm in the minority here.
Jim

Pete45

Free Member
Jan 29, 2009
Milton Keynes Bucks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Had 2 RV from 2003
We belong to both sites and yes we look at both forums.
We like the RVOC site due to the fact we enjoy the way most people have a good laugh and enjoy the good banter (all done for fun and no intention to hurt anyone)
We also like the knowledge that the RVers have.

I do resent the comments about all we do is place mostly jokes on the forum as not so long ago someone on this site did post a lot and joined in the banter.
The best thing to do is if you are not happy with the RVOC site dont go it and save yourself a fiver a year.

We also find that MHF its not all info on motorhomes, there is lots of other things that people talk about but this is what makes the sites interesting.

We thank Jim for both forums:thumb:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Thats what I love about both these sites you can have a bloody good laugh and people don't take offence :thumb:

Thanks for the laugh

All the best Rick

I must confess "Rick"....

When I was a little Boy.....

I did take a fence... :RollEyes::Cool:

Attachments

• pics12.jpg
    pics12.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 5
OP
OP
M

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
We belong to both sites and yes we look at both forums.
We like the RVOC site due to the fact we enjoy the way most people have a good laugh and enjoy the good banter (all done for fun and no intention to hurt anyone)
We also like the knowledge that the RVers have.

I do resent the comments about all we do is place mostly jokes on the forum as not so long ago someone on this site did post a lot and joined in the banter.
The best thing to do is if you are not happy with the RVOC site dont go it and save yourself a fiver a year.

We also find that MHF its not all info on motorhomes, there is lots of other things that people talk about but this is what makes the sites interesting.

We thank Jim for both forums:thumb:

I didn't say I didn't like it, I said I cant see the point in having two sites for the same thing.
Actually I thought I was a member but if it costs a fiver I cant be, I would have remembered. Mind you, now I know it costs a fiver I can understand why it exists.
Jim

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
It does can a bit confusing cant it. I think I'm a member of it but even so. Whats the point of it, especially if its being run by Jim.

There's nothing on there that you cant find on here.
Jim
thing is Jim, there's an awful lot you cant get from fun regarding RV functionality and maintenance.

if I asked how to replace the 'Aqua-magic V' anti siphon valve or how to wire an upgrade power converter when the wiring is totally different to original, how many would know what i was talking about let alone provide a solution.

over on RVOC it wouldn't be a problem.

likewise, pose a similar question on RVOC regarding a euro van and you may not get many answers.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
I think the "5 er" or 5th wheel has it`s own section on RVOC... :RollEyes::winky::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back