Essex
Funster No
MH
Talbot, Capri
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi Anyone

I have a 1979 Talbot with Capri body.

When I switch the water pump on the kitchen taps just start and I can't turn them off. To get water into the shower washbasin I have to be a contortionist! I turn on the basin tap, put my thumb over the kitchen mixer tap then turn on the pump...guess how much water is in the basin and reverse all actions!
I have bought a new set of mixer taps but it looks like the only way to fit them is to take out the whole sink?
Does anyone have any tips? Would it be an easy-ish job for me or better to take it somewhere to fix? Should I hone my contortion skills and call this my baby's foible and get on with it?

May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
BUMP

Wonder if she ever got it fixed...

Anyway similar problem for me. My kitchen tap started dripping quite heavily every time the pump is on. Really annoying. Anyone know what causes this and if it's fixable?

Not sure why it has started doing it now, the only thing I can think of is that it has been extremely hot here recently so maybe that has helped cause it. Who knows.

Any help would be appreciated.

20190626_194701.jpg

Upvote 0

Motorhome-dude

Free Member
Jun 21, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750
Exp
A class since 2011
BUMP

Wonder if she ever got it fixed...

Anyway similar problem for me. My kitchen tap started dripping quite heavily every time the pump is on. Really annoying. Anyone know what causes this and if it's fixable?

Not sure why it has started doing it now, the only thing I can think of is that it has been extremely hot here recently so maybe that has helped cause it. Who knows.

Any help would be appreciated.

View attachment 313685

You can strip the taps down and replace the rubber seals and contacts (if it has contacts?) Or you could buy a new tap.

If, like most vans, yours is sitting around at home not doing very much for long periods, the rubber seals can dry out and perish over time.

The problem I had with mine was because it was an older model it was hard to find replacement parts, so I decided to replace the whole tap unit. I was surprised I could still find the original tap and it only cost £32. but it was near impossible to find parts to fix it.

Anyway, I did a short video to show how I changed mine. I hope it helps -

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back