Douzeper

Funster
Nov 23, 2010
Antrim, Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Took our MH out for the first time (was great!), noticed the sinks in the kitchen and bathroom seem very slow to drain, is this the norm? does the pipe perhaps need cleaned? what would be best to clean it with?

Thanks!

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Some vans do suffer from slow drainage. Our shower and washbasin are OK but the sink is a bit slow. The normal reason is pipes being bent round appliances (the fridge is below the sink in our van).

To make sure the pipes are clean (and to stop niffs) we use Link Removed as part of the cleaning of the van after we get home from each trip. It can be a bit pricey in some shops but both Aldi & Lidl have it as a Special from time to time.

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
air lock:thumb:eek:pen the drain valve's and then try them:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Took our MH out for the first time (was great!), noticed the sinks in the kitchen and bathroom seem very slow to drain, is this the norm? does the pipe perhaps need cleaned? what would be best to clean it with?

Thanks!

How old is your MH. the newer MH`s have a watertrap in the outlet that really does restrict the flow of the draining water.
We altered the pipework taking out the trap, not a problem as we don`t empty into established draining systems so no worries of any nasty smells coming back up the pipe.

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
SWMBO was complaining that the sink was taking ages to drain...she is not very technical so I had a look......I explained they did drain quicker if you took the plug out :)

Its now just a case of waiting for the revenge :Smile:

barry

poppys

Free Member
May 8, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1974 on and off
I found mine was like this and that the pipe from the waste on the sink was badly routed.My sink is above the fridge with very limited space ,the pipe actually went up when it left the sink.Under the van there was an excess of pipework again badly routed,once this was sorted things did improve.The other thing that has a baring is the leveling of the van ,Ive found that just slightly raised at the front makes an improvement.

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
Don`t forget these wastes are not your normal 40 mm pipe same as the sink at home they are at best 25mm and corrugated plastic.you do get a bit of a build up I got a plunger on mine and did it gently:thumb::thumb::thumb:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Sink drainage, bit slow!

We have a similar problem with the sink and shower draining away. I would say the sink is much slower to drain than the shower, but as "wasp" says the pipes are a lot narrower and will take a little longer to drain. We bought a plunger thinking it might be a bit of a build-up of food particles etc, which brings us back to the need for levelling ramps on some sites.
I find the slow draining of the sink very annoying because it's always me that washes the dishes:Angry: while hubby has a shower!

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
I find the slow draining of the sink very annoying because it's always me that washes the dishes while hubby has a shower!
.........................................................................................................................

Get Hubby to take dishes into shower with him...

Kill to birds with one stone ,so as to speak, and save water.. :thumb:

FULLMOON

Free Member
Jul 16, 2011
devon
Funster No
MH
FORD/BONGO CONVERSION
Exp
i'm a newbie
We had the same problem the sink drains very slow and nasty smells came from it , I whent to sort the problem and found the wife had used it for no 2s :Eeek: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Squire

Free Member
Dec 30, 2010
Funster No
We had the same problem the sink drains very slow and nasty smells came from it , I whent to sort the problem and found the wife had used it for no 2s :Eeek: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Too much information ....... :whatthe:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back