Single Mum Seeks Help (1 Viewer)

R

revbj

Deleted User
single mum....

Hi Jayne

I would always recommend a known dealer, recommended by someone i know. Like you I am a newbie to this forum, but in motorhomes since 1970's.

A note of where you are geographically may help to produce some decent dealers

Good luck in the hunt.

If it helps e mail direct

Brian

parkmoy

Free Member
Oct 25, 2007
Funster No
Until recently I owned a Conway Cardinal folding camper. They are excellent and really roomy. Mine was a 1996 model and it sold for £3000, in immaculate condition. It had a fridge and 2 burner cooker with grill. The later models have a built in toilet and hot water. The ends pull out to make 2 good sized double beds. They tow like a dream, don't move no matter what passes and don't hit the petrol economy too much. Once you are used to them you can put them up in about 10/15 mins.on your own (Mine was a wind up model).
The only down side compared to a caravan is that you can't pack your clothes etc inside. The Cardinal had canvas sides and a solid roof. If it was raining when you packed up you could fold the canvas away OK but you had to be able to erect it and dry it out within a short time. The other advantage is that they can be stored in a garage and although not featherweight can be manhandled by an adult (plus a 10yr old, no problem!).
I now have a motorhome because I prefer to tour but I can really recommend the folding campers if you want to stay on site for longer periods.

OP
OP
R

rebel

Deleted User
Until recently I owned a Conway Cardinal folding camper. They are excellent and really roomy. Mine was a 1996 model and it sold for £3000, in immaculate condition. It had a fridge and 2 burner cooker with grill. The later models have a built in toilet and hot water. The ends pull out to make 2 good sized double beds. They tow like a dream, don't move no matter what passes and don't hit the petrol economy too much. Once you are used to them you can put them up in about 10/15 mins.on your own (Mine was a wind up model).
The only down side compared to a caravan is that you can't pack your clothes etc inside. The Cardinal had canvas sides and a solid roof. If it was raining when you packed up you could fold the canvas away OK but you had to be able to erect it and dry it out within a short time. The other advantage is that they can be stored in a garage and although not featherweight can be manhandled by an adult (plus a 10yr old, no problem!).
I now have a motorhome because I prefer to tour but I can really recommend the folding campers if you want to stay on site for longer periods.

Hi

Thanks for that information it's nice to hear from people who have owned. The are so many pro and cons with all types of equipment, gonna go out this saturday and have a look about and see if something graps me so to spk.

regards

Jayne

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
R

rebel

Deleted User
Hi Jayne

I would always recommend a known dealer, recommended by someone i know. Like you I am a newbie to this forum, but in motorhomes since 1970's.

A note of where you are geographically may help to produce some decent dealers

Good luck in the hunt.

If it helps e mail direct

Brian

Hi Brian

Thanks for taking the time to contact me, I agree a recommended dealer has got to be better than just picking one out of the yellow pages. Im in boston ....any ideas?

regards

Jayne

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hi Jayne

Try Pioneer Caravans in Eye Peterborough. I bought my Carioca 656 from them. Their customer service is excellent.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Jayne
just been on autotrader website --caravans & m/homes -type in petrol -then search ,also diesel-search ---quite a few to look at there
best of luck
terry

C

Cream Dream

Deleted User
Hi Jayne
just been on autotrader website --caravans & m/homes -type in petrol -then search ,also diesel-search ---quite a few to look at there
best of luck
terry

Hi Jayne

Any luck with the search? Mine was fruitless today, seen some nice ones but we really don't know what we really want, with out buget you would have thought it would be easy :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Still it was a good day out.
Speak to you soon
Josy:RollEyes:

OP
OP
R

rebel

Deleted User
Hi Jayne
best of luck
terry

Hi Terry

thanks for that think I will have a lookie, had a totally unsuccessful day out saturday, looked at some lovely caravans but still unsure on this towing. In my ideal world I would have a lovely motorhome, but I dont have enough cash to spend on a really decent one:cry: So will have a look on auto trader and see whats about... many thanks for your input:thumb:

regards

Jayne

OP
OP
R

rebel

Deleted User
Hi Jayne

Any luck with the search? Mine was fruitless today, seen some nice ones but we really don't know what we really want, with out buget you would have thought it would be easy :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Still it was a good day out.
Speak to you soon
Josy:RollEyes:

Morning Josy

No me neither, I found some cracking caravans but your comment about going round corners:ROFLMAO: sort of re-awakened my fear of towing!!:Sad:
My mind is really set onf a motorhome if im honest:Doh: just seems an easier option, I tell you what we swop budgets :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

good luck with your hunt.::bigsmile:

regards

Jayne:thumb:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Hi Terry

thanks for that think I will have a lookie, had a totally unsuccessful day out saturday, looked at some lovely caravans but still unsure on this towing. In my ideal world I would have a lovely motorhome, but I dont have enough cash to spend on a really decent one:cry: So will have a look on auto trader and see whats about... many thanks for your input

regards

Jayne

Hi Jayne.

Hope you find something.

Towing a caravan can be nowhere as daunting as it initially seems.

You can always attend courses if you're unsure.:roflmto:

C

Cream Dream

Deleted User
Hi Jayne.

Hope you find something.

Towing a caravan can be nowhere as daunting as it initially seems.

You can always attend courses if you're unsure.:roflmto:

Hi
IF YOU ARE OFFERING...................PUT ME ON YOUR LIST PLEASE:winky::winky::winky::Blush::Cool::whatthe:

R

revbj

Deleted User
singlemum seks help

Hi Jayne

One thought. We started with an old Bedord Cf Van in 1975, put in windows and fitted an old lifting roof. Last February we bought our first brand New Motorhom! its taken 32 yearsto get this far with a few short breaks and tours into camping when things got financially hard. But part of the joy of Motorhoming is the climb upwards and the satisfaction of something you have worked towards.

Another advantage if starting a bit lower down is all the diffeent kinds of motorhomes you'll look back on in future years.

I dont live in your area so cant advise on dealers. but good dealers are worth their weight in gold

Good luck

Brian:thumb:.

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Hi Jayne

One thought. We started with an old Bedord Cf Van in 1975, put in windows and fitted an old lifting roof. Last February we bought our first brand New Motorhom! its taken 32 yearsto get this far with a few short breaks and tours into camping when things got financially hard. But part of the joy of Motorhoming is the climb upwards and the satisfaction of something you have worked towards.

Another advantage if starting a bit lower down is all the diffeent kinds of motorhomes you'll look back on in future years.

I dont live in your area so cant advise on dealers. but good dealers are worth their weight in gold

Good luck

Brian:thumb:.

Hi Brian,

We also started with an Old Bedford Coachbuilt motorhome which I did a lot of work to.

Involved a lot of welding and TLC.Motor transplant etc but it worked for us and the layout was right for us.

This enabled us to move on to a larger Motorhome and project.::bigsmile:

iceni

Free Member
Dec 3, 2007
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Lowline Coachbuilt
Exp
27yrs
. In my ideal world I would have a lovely motorhome, but I dont have enough cash to spend on a really decent one:cry:
regards

Ahh bless

Do you know anyone who is selling theirs locally. Look around your locailty and dont be afriad to knoock doors and ask if the one on the drive is being sold. I often have people knocking the door or stopping when they see me washing the van and asking about it.

Our first van had a few problems and theres always more little things that need doing but our first van was OK and we had it 5 yrs and sold it PX for more than we paid. With a van 4-5k you wont get much depreciation on it which is a plus point.
I really hope you get sorted but please take someone with you if you can who knows about the things like fridges, heaters etc to make sure these work and just to give you advice.

Phill

Phill

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
If you do not mind driving a lefty hand drive motorhome there are some real bargains around at the moment..
There is a chap who lists on fleabay as being in Thetford.. ( actually he is about 15 miles from me but comes under the Thetford post code still ) who brings them over from germany ..
We went over there ( I too agree with never bidding without viewing on fleabay ) and was very impressed with everything we saw and heard.
He had 4 or 5 units in the yard and everyone looked immaculate.. All circa 1990 era and all quite low mileage ( but then, that is often the case :Smile: )
One we looked at and like the layout of he warned us off ! He had brought in in and during inspection found damp in the cabover bed.. He said we could have it but not for at least a month as he would have to get it sorted out before selling it.
We eventually chose another and was VERY happy with it.. Then after a week I discovered one of the taps did not work properly.. Mailed the chap and he instantly apologised and offered to get it sorted at his cost..
Now THAT sort of service makes the chap worth recomending :thumb:
We paid a bit more than your budget but I have seen him advertise a few lately bang on your lolly ! ::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back