single female (1 Viewer)

Nov 11, 2016
uk, no fixed abode
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
since 2016
I'm a complete newbie, haven't even got the motorhome yet (only a few more weeks to go and I can go and pick it up). Found this website, browsed through a bit and then decided to join when I noticed this thread. I am a single female and it is a slight concern in a few different ways. One being the security side as I would like to wild camp. The other is the technical side as I know preciously little about car maintenance. Will take some time going through the threads and take it from there, see what hints and tips that will be on offer, which I will gratefully read.
To repeat from the introduction, I am intending to full time from December next year but remain in the UK as I still need to work (the need for income being a bigger concern even than the single female bit).

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Welcome..

Firstly we will all make you welcome.

Then we will all give you advice on what to do and not to do.

Then you will join .. hopefully .. and you will have fun and more fun and frienships galore. :)

From another solo female.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi and welcome, we have a considerable number of ladies who travel on their own, I'm sure that after your introduction you'll hear from some of them soon. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
:welcomesign:to the best place to be, after being out in the van that is.
I noticed that you live in London so you need to be aware of the LEZ, low emissions zone, that is enforced in that area, although I have to admit that I only know of the basics myself.
I am certain you will have a load of fun when the great day arrives, I am also certain that the other single females on this site will take good care of you, I see that Movan has already posted, welcome to the club.
:hiya2::hiya2::hiya2::hiya2::hiya2:

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
welcome animated smiley3.gif

Camping Gaza

Free Member
May 7, 2016
La Châtre, Centre-Val de Loire France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low profile
Exp
Converted a Fiat Ducato PV a while back
Welcome... single male, soloing in Europe, first moho, been 2 months now, all very calm but not sure about doing it in the UK, It would concern me. youtube has lots of fulltimers blogs go see. you can open a seville cab locks (most uk mohomes) with two small screwdrivers i have been told. fit extra deadlocks on all doors or carry a large and vicious dog. dont use truckstops

I am sure better advice will come along in a mo.

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Hello and welcome, you picked the right place to sign up. Loads of advice on here, many laughs, and a lot of support. (some really crazy people as well but we don't talk about them)

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
First, :welcome3: to Fun, you'll find lots of answers on here.
Security, I full timed for nearly two years,( lone female) most of it in the UK. I was mostly on sites but wild camped here and in France. Never had a problem, just usual sensible precautions. Good locks, a mobile phone, a bright torch, a loud attack alarm ( for shock value more than anything) and a deterrent ( cheapest body spray from a supermarket-- totally legal to carry but sprayed in a face.....) I did have two dogs with me, one would lick someone to death but Holly would have bitten someone if they'd tried to enter the van.
Good breakdown cover is essential and have a contingency plan just in case the motorhome is out of action for any length of time.

I wasn't working but even so found it a relaxing way to live. I'd happily do it again.

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
Hi and a big :pink: you will find,as said,all the help and support you need on here,enjoy your time with us,a friendly and helpful bunch.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Welcome to Fun from another solo fulltimer (although not female). Ask any questions and there are loads of people on here who will answer.

OP
OP
SGNV
Nov 11, 2016
uk, no fixed abode
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
since 2016
:welcomesign:to the best place to be, after being out in the van that is.
I noticed that you live in London so you need to be aware of the LEZ, low emissions zone, that is enforced in that area, although I have to admit that I only know of the basics myself.
I am certain you will have a load of fun when the great day arrives, I am also certain that the other single females on this site will take good care of you, I see that Movan has already posted, welcome to the club.
:hiya2::hiya2::hiya2::hiya2::hiya2:

Thank you. I'm right on the outskirts of London so LEZ doesn't apply. Thanks anyway for the warning and welcome.

OP
OP
SGNV
Nov 11, 2016
uk, no fixed abode
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
since 2016
Welcome... single male, soloing in Europe, first moho, been 2 months now, all very calm but not sure about doing it in the UK, It would concern me. youtube has lots of fulltimers blogs go see. you can open a seville cab locks (most uk mohomes) with two small screwdrivers i have been told. fit extra deadlocks on all doors or carry a large and vicious dog. dont use truckstops

I am sure better advice will come along in a mo.

Thanks for the welcome. Am looking into the whole security thing, dog is not part of it though!

OP
OP
SGNV
Nov 11, 2016
uk, no fixed abode
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
since 2016
First, :welcome3: to Fun, you'll find lots of answers on here.
Security, I full timed for nearly two years,( lone female) most of it in the UK. I was mostly on sites but wild camped here and in France. Never had a problem, just usual sensible precautions. Good locks, a mobile phone, a bright torch, a loud attack alarm ( for shock value more than anything) and a deterrent ( cheapest body spray from a supermarket-- totally legal to carry but sprayed in a face.....) I did have two dogs with me, one would lick someone to death but Holly would have bitten someone if they'd tried to enter the van.
Good breakdown cover is essential and have a contingency plan just in case the motorhome is out of action for any length of time.

I wasn't working but even so found it a relaxing way to live. I'd happily do it again.

Thank you for the welcome. Am looking into all the sensible precautions, doesn't include dogs though, will add body spray though. And the contingency plan is in place. It is just something I now have in my head and I have to try, I don't want to regret it for the rest of my life. And I might just love it!

OP
OP
SGNV
Nov 11, 2016
uk, no fixed abode
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
since 2016
Thank you everybody for the warm welcome, much appreciated. Will now spend a few days rummaging through the threads while I wait for my new road map to arrive so I can start planning my Christmas holiday. I mean, where to go when the world (ok, UK) is my oyster, that will be even a tougher decision than choosing the van.

daved2524

Free Member
Jan 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
5th wheel and a Nissan
Exp
Since April 2016
I'm a complete newbie, haven't even got the motorhome yet (only a few more weeks to go and I can go and pick it up). Found this website, browsed through a bit and then decided to join when I noticed this thread. I am a single female and it is a slight concern in a few different ways. One being the security side as I would like to wild camp. The other is the technical side as I know preciously little about car maintenance. Will take some time going through the threads and take it from there, see what hints and tips that will be on offer, which I will gratefully read.
To repeat from the introduction, I am intending to full time from December next year but remain in the UK as I still need to work (the need for income being a bigger concern even than the single female bit).

Welcome ( Another new one) I am interested to know how it works living in London, having a MH wild camping and needing to work. What do you do for a job? Are you any good ar dusting as I am not. I think you could do with tagging on to others until you have decided how it will all work for you. Will you be at any rally's next year and will you be working at them? I have been looking for someone to wash my rig/RV if you can do that, it's 28ft long, 11.5 ft high and 7.6 ft wide + the car. I am sure the girls will put you on the correct path and stop people like me taking advantage of you as a newbie. Good luck and see you for a BBQ one day.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back