Free Member
May 20, 2015
Stand Road Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2010
As a electronic numpty could anyone please take the time to explain something to me?

If I bought a 3 PAYG 4G Trio Data SIM Pack Preloaded with 12GB of Data for Mobile Broadband when I get the card what do I do next?

I want to fit it in my 3G Mobile Wifi device and allow us to get the internet on our Ipad in remote parts of France later this year – does it just slot in the Mobile device and work - or do I have to activate and/or register it?

:france: :france: :france: :france:

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Just slide it in and turn on.
Remember to check that Data Roaming has been enabled in the Mifi settings otherwise it won't work in Europe

Reactions: f6c
OP
OP
KeithChesterfield

KeithChesterfield

Free Member
May 20, 2015
Stand Road Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2010
Is it just the Region (side of red star) that needs changing to 'France', when we get there, or any other settings?

TP-LINK ROAM A.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Is it just the Region (side of red star) that needs changing to 'France', when we get there, or any other settings?

View attachment 148403

You shouldn't need to change any settings. Don't play with any of them unless you know exactly what you're doing, you'll be more likely to completely block it than anything else.

I've never even been into the settings on mine. (y)

I've used a few different SIM cards in it and they've all just worked no matter what country we've been in.

Feb 14, 2009
Chandlers Ford, Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner TD700 H L
Exp
Since 2008
Just ensure your device is unlocked so as to use other network providers ( unless it is already on "3" network) - unlocking can be done for 99p via ebay the following was posted by Minxy Girl..Below is a webpage giving info on how to do it with a Huawei E5776 mifi but the principle is the same:
http://melsweb.yolasite.com/

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
DATA roaming would be in the Dial Up settings.

If all goes wrong just to a factory reset

Delboyarapaho

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 17, 2013
Herts UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago Liner for T
Exp
Since 2013
Minxy that is a really useful article particularly the analysis of "whole months". Can I just check my understanding though? Your analysis says arrive on 1st June and remain in a FAH country for 50 days and that will only count as one whole month. With it so far but what if I don't use the sim until 2nd June and return to the UK on 30th July? does that count as zero usage because neither June or July were a whole month?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
With it so far but what if I don't use the sim until 2nd June and return to the UK on 30th July? does that count as zero usage because neither June or July were a whole month?
A complete month is classed as 30 days so 2 months is 60 days. For the time period you've mentioned it works out as follows:

29 days: 2-30 June
30 days: 1-30 July
59 days: total​

In Three's eyes that's only ONE complete month.

Eg, if you go abroad at the end of May but don't USE the sim at all (ie NOT turning the mifi on) until 2 June, then return to the UK on 30 July and use the sim that day it would 'show' that you used it for less than 60 days, but if you forgot to use it again when you get back it would keep counting the days as being abroad until you did - so it is very important to remember to use it again once you get back to the UK to let it 'see' that you're back in the UK.

I can feel another 'info sheet' revision coming on! :D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back