Silver Screens v TaylorMade thermal screen covers (1 Viewer)

FM02MZO

Free Member
Jun 22, 2012
Castle Donington
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
30 years caravan, 2 year motorhome
We have just changed our Autotrail motorhome which had the pre 2007 cab for a new Hobby which obviously has the latest Ducato cab. We had an external Silver Screens cover for the Autotrail and to be truthful I could not fault it, but we wondered how the TaylorMade one compares as we have got to buy a new cover for the Hobby and would like you views please.

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
I shopped around and got a set from Van comfort at Retford.
Used them just once, but easy to put on.
Drop down front for day time use. Pleased with them. They seem well made (made in Sheffield) and lots cheaper than the others.SS.

Pophods

Free Member
Jun 27, 2013
York
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt monocoque
Exp
since 2012
We have just changed our Autotrail motorhome which had the pre 2007 cab for a new Hobby which obviously has the latest Ducato cab. We had an external Silver Screens cover for the Autotrail and to be truthful I could not fault it, but we wondered how the TaylorMade one compares as we have got to buy a new cover for the Hobby and would like you views please.
We have some Taylormade ones on our Transit. Have spent several overnights in below freezing temp with no condensation whatsoever. They are extremely easy to fit and I like the way the front section is velcroed so that it can be folded down without taking covers completely off. Excellent product. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

DM14742

Deleted User
I've got a tailor made for my Ducato & its superb not only in the cold but works just as well keeping the Van cool on a hot day. They are worth every penny, I would recommend the velcro fold down ones :thumb:

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
I bought Taylor Made as you can get longer ones to cover the air vents in the bonnet. Makes it very cosy.

Wish they took up less room though when in the bag...

Catherine

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
PS: If I remember rightly they are also a bit cheaper than Silver Screens...

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi we have had both on different vans ::bigsmile: nothing to choose between them, both well made and problem free. The talormade were cheaper ::bigsmile:
Terry

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Taylormade and Silver Screens are pretty much exactly the same. They are both very good products. . I have a Taylormade for the Hymer and I've had a Fiat based Silverscreen. No problems with either. Silver Screen don't exhibit at shows, taylormade do. The taylormade trader (Big Guy) is one of the most miserable traders I've ever met, great product and great service, just don't expect a smile with it:Smile:

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
We've the silver screen drop down with mesh insert front.
Brilliant , even in subzero conditions. No condensation on the windows even with 3 adults and 2 teens ( they are growing up too fast :Sad:) and 2 dogs. We will have another when we eventually downsize to our van conversion.

Silverscreen do a px and also sell slight seconds and second hand ones at the shop in Cleckheaton.

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
The taylormade trader (Big Guy) is one of the most miserable traders I've ever met, great product and great service, just don't expect a smile with it:Smile:

Oh yes, I've met him.....Malvern a few years ago. There was a hint of a smile as I walked up to the stand....mind you , it could have been wind.

Then I asked if he did screens for a Fiat Doblo.....the phrase "lead balloon" comes to mind :roflmto:

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
Taylor made for the Hymer, excellent in winter, met his wife to do the deal with at a show, great product no probs.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back