Silver Screens / Taylormade Screens Fitting With Remis Blinds

Discussion in 'Motorhome Accessories' started by Wombles, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Wombles

Wombles Funster

Does anyone know if it is possible to modify standard Silver Screens to fit well enough over the cab doors when Remis internal blinds are fitted? Our Taylormade ones have adjustable Velcro so presume that is to help with this. Know it's possible to order them new from Silver Screens to fit with these but as a budget option when buying secondhand have read that they can be trimmed :eek: inside but wondered if anyone had tried this or similar solutions & how well it worked?

2. NickNic

NickNic Funster Life Member

Apologies if I'm missing your point here but I thought genuine Silver Screens are make/model specific so if you have the right ones they will fit. If you buy second hand ones that aren't specific to your vehicle they will need modifying anyway, internal blinds or not.

3. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

NickNic, you're missing the point! :D

Silver Screens etc are made in 2 sizing versions (plus different model of vehicles), for example ones for Fiat X250 cabs are available in standard form or Remis screen form - the latter have more material in the part that goes on the inside of the doors to allow for their being fitted over the internal casings of the Remis blinds.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Tootles

Tootles Funster

Just get an outside silver screen cover. (y) Fitted in seconds, and then you dont have to bother at all about internal blinds.

5. NickNic

NickNic Funster Life Member

Thought I might be. It is Friday night after all :whistle::D

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Minxy Girl

It is quite easy to adapt 'standard' ones to make them fit over the Remis casings - it's a simple matter of cutting the 'triangle' of material that fits on the inside of the cab doors and then inserting either an extra piece of material, or some Velcro strips to bridge the wider gap, it's not difficult to do at all - I did exactly this with our Taylormade screens for a standard cab to make them fit our previous PVC which had Remis blinds

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Minxy Girl

Tootsy you're missing the point too! :D They're on about ones that go 'over' the cab doors, ie external, not internal!

However, saying that, it is possible to fit internal Taylormade screens too but they won't fit without being trimmed down anyway as they will be too wide with the Remis blind casings - I did this with an old set of Silver Screens we picked up cheap from a car boot sale which we use when it's really hot so as to keep the interior of the camper cool for us and the dogs - works a treat.

8. Tootles

Tootles Funster

Thats what I meant Mel.

windscreencover2.jpg

9. Minxy Girl

... ref my earlier post, they'd still need the extra internal 'gusset' to go over the casings.:rolleyes:

10. Tootles

Tootles Funster

Mine has them built into the cover. Are we talking cross-purposes here?? I slip mine over the doors before closing them. Is that what you mean?????????

11. Minxy Girl

Yes and no ...! The internal bit that you slip over the door comes in 2 sizes, those for cab doors fitted with Remis blinds and those without them (ie a standard set) - the ones with blind casings need a bigger piece of material on the inside to allow for the extra depth of the casings - it is easy to alter a 'standard' set to make them fit over the casings though so not a major problem.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Tootles

Tootles Funster

Thanks, I understand your gist now. (y)

What about using Blue Tac?? :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. Wombles

Wombles Funster

Thanks for your swift responses!(y) Knew someone must have tried it so great advice as always @Minxy Girl :)

• Like Like x 2
  14. DuxDeluxe

DuxDeluxe Funster Life Member

I'm both surprised and disappointed Toots........ I thought you were an expert on all things gusset related... :whistle2:

• Funny Funny x 2