Free Member
Apr 3, 2014
Alton Hants
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker SE
Exp
Newbie!
Our newly purchased 2006 Autotrail Tracker SE came with a rather well worn but elderly silverscreen which on our first trip out performed very well in quite high spring overnight temperatures.

I am right in putting the silver bit facing out from the windscreen? It fits externally but the two elasticated straps that go over the top of each door are on the wrong side of the screen if silver bit faces outwards. Any advice?
Many thanks, Jerry

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Is it shiny silver or dull silver? My external Silver Screens are the same both sides, dull silver. Maybe you need the shiny side facing in.

Upvote 0

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
its normally silver to the outside to reflect off the sun. are you sure somebody hasnt turned the envelopes inside out?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Jerrymjj

Jerrymjj

Free Member
Apr 3, 2014
Alton Hants
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker SE
Exp
Newbie!
Early morning so when the day is up I'll unpack it again and have a good look. One side only is shiny silver, the other is a dull colour, grey as I recall. It needs some TLC so I'll see if I can work out what is what later. The original instructions are with it but it doesn't actually say which way round it goes. Thanks all for your helpful advice. Jerry

Upvote 0

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Having read this twice I have realised that you are talking about a "silver screen" as opposed to an insulated and reflective cover made by "silver screens"
In which case the silver bit normally faces outwards and can be an internal screen..

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Jerrymjj

Jerrymjj

Free Member
Apr 3, 2014
Alton Hants
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker SE
Exp
Newbie!
It's made by an Italian company and the instructions, such as they are, say the shiny silver bit should be next to the glass of the windscreen. This would match the mounting straps. It is quilted and the other side is matt and silvery grey in colour. I'll try it silver side in next time and see how we get on. It is presumably designed to keep heat in rather than heat out using it in that way.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
M

Madwife

Deleted User
It will keep the heat in and also in hot sunny weather will help keep the heat out!

Ka

Upvote 0

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
aha the foreign copies of the genuine silver screens then. that would also account for why they are looking "tired" after a few seasons use. the real ones can be pressure washed or put in a washing machine and will come up like new. they may cost a bit more but the quality really makes a difference.

have inherited various other makes over the years, but always go back to using the "real silver screens". superb, both winter and summer and can be left fitted on site, just unvelcro and fold down to be able to see out if you want to. you can even open the cab windows for ventilation with them fitted

Upvote 0

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
The suction pads on my thermal screens are reversible. They're fitted for outside use on campsites, or inside in the wild.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back