Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
Hi everyone

We have just insured our MH through Insurance Choice and received the documents today (We had a letter from Frank Pickles that they were no longer providing insurance hence the change of agent). The insurance is through Aviva and appears ok, however the breakdown/rescue is with Silver Knight Rescue. Has anyone had any dealings with them?

There is no mention of length or weight in terms of recovery and reading the small print brings up some things that we are a bit concerned about.

"alternative transport - if the insured vehicle is immobilised following an accident, breakdown or fire and in our opinion the immobilisation will exceed 24 hours, we will contribute towards the cost of hiring an alternative vehicle for a maximum of 48 hours during the period of which the insured vehicle is immobilised pending local repairs up to an amount not exceeding £45 per day and £90 in total"

- does not appear to be very much and if major issues would imagine that repair would be longer than two days.

We are going to ring the agents tomorrow to clarify some things and would appreciate any comments from those who have used Silver Knight.

Thank in advance

Kath and Howie

OP
OP
Wyaye wires

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
Yes, that's the one. I have just seen on their website that European cover will provide up to 30 days breakdown assistance Does that mean if our trip is more than 30 days that we will not have breakdown cover?

Kath and Howie

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Wyaye wires

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
Call us on 01904 683300
for more information

That's the phone number for Legal General who are the backers of silver knight. I just wanted to know if anyone had any dealings with Silver Knight and if they were any good as I had never heard of them before :Smile:

Kath

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
This is the reason why i stick with the likes of Safeguard and Comfort... !!

£45 a day for a car, maybe in very low season or in your dreams and a max of 2 days at that :Doh:

30 days breakdown !! Whats that all about..

Good luck with sorting it.. was it that much cheaper ??? than the main 2 above ?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
personally, I doubt very much you'll be covered anyway.

From the website.

SilverKnight RESCUE
Breakdown & Assistance Cover for cars, small vans and motorbikes

small vans could well be car derived vans...citroen berlingo etc and not fiat ducato etc

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
we also had the letter from pickles stating the were no longer doing motorhomes i was all prepared to be calling around for a quote and then they sent me a renewal notices which was aas good as any other so i accepted it maybe its only new business their stopping

M

Madwife

Deleted User
That's strange as we were customers of theirs but only got the letter saying they were no longer doing our insurance and didn't get renewal notice. I think Howie will be busy phoning around tomorrow!

Kath

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
we also had the letter from pickles stating the were no longer doing motorhomes i was all prepared to be calling around for a quote and then they sent me a renewal notices which was aas good as any other so i accepted it maybe its only new business their stopping

NFU did the same thing a couple of years ago regarding American motor homes.

No new business and increased premiums for many existing customers.

I declined the increased premium and went elsewhere.

OP
OP
Wyaye wires

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
I've just finished talking to Insurance Choice, the agents who put together the policy for us, and I am a much happier bunny now. The upshot is that Silverknight provide different levels of recovery based on the size and weight of the vehicle covered. So our M/H is ok. IC also spoke to Silverknight about the 30 days European cover and SK have said that their European cover will mirror the unlimited period cover of Aviva. So apart from the 48 hour maximum on hire car and £45 per day cost; which is a pretty standard limit I'm told. Everything is sorted. :thumb:
Thanks to you all for your replies on the subject. ::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back