Silly question regarding ACSI (1 Viewer)

Craig Rogers

Free Member
Nov 9, 2011
Midlands, UK (Welsh!)
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie!
Been looking through some of the ACSI sites in the UK and notice that some sites need a deposit at time of booking.

Now, for instance, one site I looked at wanted a £30 deposit, but if we stayed one night the 16 Euro price would be paid. So it simply a case that the 16 Euros would be deducted from the £30 and we get the rest back?

mick noe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 14, 2009
near Boston Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
I've never found any site fully booked out of season when acsi discount is valid ::bigsmile:so no need to worry just turn up:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I hate paying deposits

It bugs me that I have had to pay a deposit to C&CC at times... but on the whole I will not pay one.

My daughter purchased last weekend a 18 month old car from a dealer with a trade in... this is a cash deal collecting it just after Christmas as it has to be serviced etc., They wanted a deposit.. on your bike I told them.. you have there trade in log book and MOT that is more than enough deposit and a signed contract.. you do not need another £500.00 the salesman backed down as I said that is the deal or we walk.. plenty of $6k cars about this time of the year.

As you can guess we won... my daughter and son in law do not haggle very well. I got the deal £500 for the crap trade in and a full service (main dealer) which is the figure I went in with and the deal I wanted for her. When she went to see the car on there own.. the trade in was £200 haggle and refuse to pay a deposit.

Last year I reluctently paid a deposit 6 months in front for a pitch in May in France.. when we arrived the pitch was taken.. so never again.. the place had bags of room. :Angry:

Bob

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
[HI]It bugs me that I have had to pay a deposit to C&CC at times... but on the whole I will not pay one.[/HI]
My daughter purchased last weekend a 18 month old car from a dealer with a trade in... this is a cash deal collecting it just after Christmas as it has to be serviced etc., They wanted a deposit.. on your bike I told them.. you have there trade in log book and MOT that is more than enough deposit and a signed contract.. you do not need another £500.00 the salesman backed down as I said that is the deal or we walk.. plenty of $6k cars about this time of the year.

As you can guess we won... my daughter and son in law do not haggle very well. I got the deal £500 for the crap trade in and a full service (main dealer) which is the figure I went in with and the deal I wanted for her. When she went to see the car on there own.. the trade in was £200 haggle and refuse to pay a deposit.

Last year I reluctently paid a deposit 6 months in front for a pitch in May in France.. when we arrived the pitch was taken.. so never again.. the place had bags of room. :Angry:

Bob

Bob I am sticking my toe in waters unknown to me as I have never booked a site, but having read several threads about the C &CC fiasco caused by people making numerous reservations at sites without paying deposits and then not turning up, thus making it impossible for others to make reservations the seemingly unanimous response seemed to be they should take desposits.

However I agree with you I would never pay a deposit because I would not want to be so restricted to having to arrive at that site, before they close for the night or waste journey time should I arrive early and could move on.

If I intend using a site I phone ahead on my mobile and ask if they have a place - yes book it on phone and give approx. time of arrival, if no try another site.

Norman

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Craig Rogers

Craig Rogers

Free Member
Nov 9, 2011
Midlands, UK (Welsh!)
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie!
If I intend using a site I phone ahead on my mobile and ask if they have a place - yes book it on phone and give approx. time of arrival, if no try another site.Norman

The more I think about this, the more I see that it adds to the "excitment" (if that's the right word) of MH'ing..........

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Dont forget the exchange rate the sites use is €1 =£1 when booking sites over here so €16 is £16

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
It was the CC that does not take a deposit

Bob I am sticking my toe in waters unknown to me as I have never booked a site, but having read several threads about the C &CC fiasco caused by people making numerous reservations at sites without paying deposits and then not turning up, thus making it impossible for others to make reservations the seemingly unanimous response seemed to be they should take desposits.

However I agree with you I would never pay a deposit because I would not want to be so restricted to having to arrive at that site, before they close for the night or waste journey time should I arrive early and could move on.

If I intend using a site I phone ahead on my mobile and ask if they have a place - yes book it on phone and give approx. time of arrival, if no try another site.

Norman

It is the CC that does not take a deposit the C&CC takes a deposit. While it may stop some not turning up I object to paying months in advance money out as a deposit. It is just that simple. I booked to go to a private site recently.. things changed I called and cancelled well in advance .. no issue.. I think it is those that block book cause the problems.

Bob

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back