Sikura Alarm System on my Hymer

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by Dave and Ginny, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny Funster

I've just changed the batteries in two alarm key fobs and when I went to test them I discovered something I hadn't noticed before...

One press...alarm turns off and indicators flash once and single beep (y)

Press again...two flashes and beeps, alarm set (y)

Press and hold...three flashes and beeps o_O

Whats the last one all about? Clearly some different state of alarm setting but can anyone enlighten me please?

Cheers Dave

2. Madwife

Madwife Deleted User

I think it sets it so that you can be inside the MH with the alarm activated but motion/movement detector deactivated - otherwise every time you moved it would go off! It's what you would use for night time setting if you wanted to have the alarm on because you feared someone might try to break and enter.

Kath

3. Judge Mental

Judge Mental Funster Deceased RIP

why have an alarm and not arm at night when you sleep..thought that the whole point of a motorhome alarm..silly billy:LOL:

4. Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny Funster

I'm none the wiser...as far as I can tell I just have a couple of motion sensors which are on the dashboard pointing down the van. If I set it probably wouldn't go off when we were in bed! But chances of forgetting whilst on a 3am loo visit would be extremely great and well cheer up the neighbours :mad::confused::eek: