Sika Activator 205 query (1 Viewer)

Jul 27, 2011
Kilmun, Dunoon
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sport TI
Exp
Since 2012
I am in the process of replacing some 'T' shape profile rubber along the inerface between the cab and the coachwork. I have the Sikaflex 512 for completing the sealing. Is it absolutely essential to pretreat the surfaces with Sika Activator 205 before applying the Sikaflex 512 or could I use some cleaner like white spirit. Yes, you have guessed it, I don't have any 205 activator here in Spain. Just getting Sikaflex is a chore.... 18 euro (£15.50p)a tube, ouch.

atb

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
hi
I have used sikaflex without the activator and it seems to be fine--------but I had to do a repair job in Portugal and found 'soudal-------soudaflex 40C' and I reckon it iis, if anything BETTER---http://www.soudal.com/flash.html------
I just bought it in a big hardware shop----asked for 'cola' (clue in Portugese) and he presented me with several options !!
soudal make lots of different 'mastick-type' things, if you find it, make sure it;s---soudaflex 40C-----you will not regret the effort:thumb::thumb:-----------if you do find it, and work out what solvent to use--PLEASE let me know---if you get it where you don't want it, get it off REALLY quick---or you wont get it off:Sad:
good luck Nigel & Pamala
BTW I THINK it cost about 4€------VERY good value (I wish I bought more when I was in the shop)

Upvote 0

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi wipe it down with either a grease free solvent or petrol ::bigsmile: not white spirit,it leaves a greasy residue.Make sure it is clen/dry then seal :thumb:
terry

Upvote 0

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Hi
I had to do a repair job when in Portugal------I went in a hardware shop and asked for 'cola' (clue in Portugese) ---He presented my with several options, ---one was in a tube like sikaflex, it is Soudal-soudaflex 60C----------------I have now used both sikaflex and soudaflex and reckon, if anything, the soudaflex is better:thumb: AND we think we only paid about 4€ :Eeek: well worth the trouble to find it.
I wish that we had bought more when we found it !!!!!!!!:Doh: ( we are going back that way, and may well pick up a box:thumb:.
If you find out what solvent to use, PLEASE let me know-------if you get it where you don't want, you will not get it off after a few minutes:Sad:
Good luck
Nigel & Pamala

Upvote 0

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Nigel Soudal do a pvc frame cleaner -clear smelly liquid-not the cream cleaner- :thumb: about £3 for a ltr bottle :thumb: try your local window/pvc supplier ::bigsmile:I use it for all-sorts of cleaning :winky:
terry

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back