Sigma Alarm (1 Viewer)

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I have Sigma alarm on my 2003 Hymer fitted by Brownhills at first registraion I think.
Don`t normally use it as I think it`s little more than a car alarm and so even a slight breeze is enough to rock the van and set it off.
Anyway, recently the remote keyfob which is pressed after ignition is turned on is not de-activating immobiliser. Nor is the keypad able to disarm it with pin number (unless I have the wrong number).
Changed the battery in the keyfob and still nothing.
The spare fob works but I wonder if anyone has any experience of these alarms and what might be going on ?

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
My sigma appears to be different from yours as a press on my fob locks or unlocks the van as in central locking, mines on an 06..

Alarm has only ever gone off when I've forgotten to press the fob when opening my lockers...

As your spare works ok, one would assume there is a problem with the original main one..

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
My (new) Sigma goes off most days at about 10.30 am. I guess it's when the sun warms the van up or the resident spider wakes up from his slumbers. Not great.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jessthedog

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
south east
Funster No
MH
A
My (new) Sigma goes off most days at about 10.30 am. I guess it's when the sun warms the van up or the resident spider wakes up from his slumbers. Not great.
Bob, it could be the stench of fish setting the alarm off.
Sorry mate, I'll get me coat.:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
Bob, it could be the stench of fish setting the alarm off.
Sorry mate, I'll get me coat.:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:
I don't catch that many! Believe it or not I can't stand the taste of fish, so I either put everything back or occasionally take a bass or a plaice to give to friends. There may be some odd smells in our van but it's not fish! (Could be maggots I suppose.....)

jessthedog

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
south east
Funster No
MH
A
I don't catch that many! Believe it or not I can't stand the taste of fish, so I either put everything back or occasionally take a bass or a plaice to give to friends. There may be some odd smells in our van but it's not fish! (Could be maggots I suppose.....)
Great sense of humour Bob, I love it:LOL:

wanderer

Free Member
Apr 14, 2008
huntingdon
Funster No
MH
a class Arto
Exp
since 2008
It could be that your original key fob needs resetting back into the alarm system .Once my batteries went so low that it wiped both key fob codes and wiped the alarm memory , so when i replaced the battery the immobiliser kicked in and refused to start . Had to contact Sigma to recode everything in the alarm system

OP
OP
Figaro
Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Thanks, I think the instructions book contains info on reprogramming fobs so ill have a look at that at the weekend

wanderer

Free Member
Apr 14, 2008
huntingdon
Funster No
MH
a class Arto
Exp
since 2008
The number i had for my alarm was different to the one registered with Sigma . i suspect that the previous owner had reprogrammed the alarm and the number i needed was for the factory reset (just for your info if problem persists)

Jerrymjj

Free Member
Apr 3, 2014
Alton Hants
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker SE
Exp
Newbie!
They do seem to have a mind of their own. My Sigma alarm just stopped working recently and any attempt to lock the van with the key fob resulted in the alarm beeping for ever. I stopped using it and just locked the van by key but then discovered accidentally about a month later, that all was back to normal and working perfectly. I have no idea what the beeps were all about.

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
If you check your manual you will find that the number of beeps are a code to tell you where the problem is or which sensor has triggered the alarm.

OP
OP
Figaro
Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Well I seem to have tracked it down to a faulty key fob so I'm on the lookout for a replacement. But during my fiddling with it I found the key pad did not seem to work ie isolate immobiliser when pin was entered, so I'm a bit concerned about that, maybe connected or just coincidence.

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
My Sigma (M31?) fitted by Brownhills in 2002 stopped working and B'hills told me it was irreparable. I therefore replaced it with a VanBitz Strikeback [Funster discount (y) ] BUT I still have one spare fob (rounded rectangle approx 2"x1"x0.5", black with grey inner & round black button, marked AC110 on lower backside).

Before you pm me with your details asking me for it, can you please check that you followed the re-connect instructions correctly? From memory, you had to "tell" the system how many fobs were being reprogammed, so it MAY have just connected to one of yours. I might be able to find a copy in one of my dead files if you haven't got one.

HTH - Gordon

OP
OP
Figaro
Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Thanks for your comments but It all seems a bit of a pain at the moment.
I`ve tried to isolate the immobiliser using the keypad but that doesn`t work either. Handbook says there should be one led flash between inputs but mine has multiple flashes.
So I`m left with one working keyfob and it looks like I can`t do anything useful on the keypad so that makes me nervous !
I might speak to Sigma this week to see if they can help or I might just get the thing removed and replaced with a simple immobiliser.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back