Sigma Alarm System S34 Advice please (1 Viewer)

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Hi all, we've now returned home with an Autotrail Dakota which appears to have had a lot of extras fitted to it by the previous owner.
The main "query/problem" is the alarm system, it's is a Sigma S34, despite doing what was explained during the handover, it has gone off every night except the last because we decided it would be safer not to alarm it:RollEyes:
I have followed all the basic operating instructions, the same as was explained at the handover, but it's ok if I'm leaving the vehicle, but the problem is at night when we sitting inside it.

The odd thing was that we had been sitting in the van for over 3 hours after setting it and can't understand why it went off (at just before 1 am) sods law, so we weren't very popular:Doh: We had moved around the inside of the van during this time, so are at a loss as to why it was going off.

Any advice would be welcome, many thanks in advance.

Bill

Does anyone know how

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
I have the same model.
When setting the alarm when you you are in the van for the night it is supposed to "settle" for (I think) 30 seconds to take account of things/pets/people moving about.
It should flash green then orange while it settles and when flashing red it should be sorted. I often stand and wave my arms to make sure it recognises there is somebody inside (mad or what?)
If you don't have a user manual you can download a copy here: Link Removed

OP
OP
MHVirgins

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
I have the same model.
When setting the alarm when you you are in the van for the night it is supposed to "settle" for (I think) 30 seconds to take account of things/pets/people moving about.
It should flash green then orange while it settles and when flashing red it should be sorted. I often stand and wave my arms to make sure it recognises there is somebody inside (mad or what?)
If you don't have a user manual you can download a copy here: Link Removed

Many thanks for the link to Sigma, the instructions you've given were what we did on the last night away there. As it had gone off every night before this:Doh: we thought we had finally mastered it, when we had been in the van and moving around for nearly 4 hours and it didn't go off.

The alarm was fitted by Brownhills (for previous owner) and the booklet was left with all the paperwork etc.

Margaret had just said, "think you've got the alarm cracked now"! Then 5 minutes later it went mad and it was grab the keys quickly and switch it off as it was around 1 am:Blush: We couldn't understand why it had stayed silent for so long before going off.

Many thanks again for the link:thumb:

Bill

Last edited:

Nigel&Debbie

Free Member
Nov 20, 2012
Full Timer
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
since Jan 2013
If you PM me I will update you on the correct way to disarm the interior sensors on the S34.

The open forum is not the right place to advise.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back